[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Proxy Builds 2018

Proxy Builds 2018

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Re: Proxy Builds 2018

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 pm

Great job on the Alfa. A little racy for the 1970's racing scene though. You need to Paint in a a 70's style Bikini bottom on that young lady :D .
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:45 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:33 pm

Interesting. I did up a bunch of Bomber nose art decals of some, " Ladies". I was thinking about adding them to a race car. In WWII those guys flew off into battle with some pretty racy companions on the sides of their planes.

On my train layout, my F units have been adorned with some G rated nose art, and my 1/16 scale American tanks also have them. Haven't yet applied the art to a Race car, but I now am thinking of it.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:19 pm

dreinecke

Just ordered three more Trans-Am bodies

1966 Chevy II Nova

1969 Plymouth Barracuda

1968 Dodge Dart

Thanks for the super job you do in casing these bodies
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Just one more to paint then I can pick 2 for show.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:27 am

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 am

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:41 am

Trim body posts to lower it, add lead to bring weight to 90-95 grams, use 11tooth pinion to get brakes and it will fly,make sure there is a body float, as you have hollow axles already do independent front.....
Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:56 pm

Thanks for the tips. I will check the weight on my entries. Do you typically run independent front wheels?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:24 am

Built a new chassis for an old body. This Porsche 911 was supposed to make it to last years T/A but stayed home.

With the quicker chassis it is now being considered for the 2018 Proxy. A race off between this and the Alfa will determine which car goes to fill the U2 spot.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I decided to park the Mustang and go with the '70 Camaro instead.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am

V3.0 is near ready to go
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 am

I finally finished tweaking the Camaro. I got the proper size rims and tires for it. It was built using 15 X 10 rims on the back, but I changed them to 15X8 as per the rules. CB wheels,inserts, and tires from SCC.

So this and the Porsche are being packaged tonight and will be shipped tomorrow as soon as I find David's Address. I can't seem to find it in any of the proxy info, so I have a pm on the way to him

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

Dan,
Two great looking cars. The Camero is bad to the bone. Just hope it will be seeing the rear-end of my MOPARS. I still have to mount my Cuda on the CG Slots chassis and give it a test. New hardware from SCC arrived last week. Trying to move up from the top 20 into the top 10.

I've been tempted to build a 911 Porsche myself. Order a MRRC last year but just haven't built it yet. Was counting my TA last night I have a bunch. 5 Cudas 4 Challengers, 2 Javelins, 4 Mustangs, 3 Cameros. American Iron has gotten priority.

I've got to get on it Feb will be here before you know it.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy