[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Proxy Builds 2018

Proxy Builds 2018

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Re: Proxy Builds 2018

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks Arnold. Being north of the border, I will have the customs piece to contend with as well. These things need to be in the mail ASAP. Typically customs is not a problem and the cars will be there in plenty of time, but you never know. February 15th is not that far away.

Last years 911 was at the bottom, and the Camaro missed the first three races, so I have a lot of room for improvement. These scratchbuilt chassis, with the grunt of the 180 are much faster and flatter then last years cars, but I imagine everyone else’s entries will be quicker as well.

Good luck with your entries.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:30 am

Dan,
I am looking at 3 cars which where run in the 2016 Pony Car Wars Proxy. All have Piranha motors in them already. Pictures of the Cudas are already in this post. My #77 Challenger returned missing the front valence and spoiler from the 2017 HRW TransAm proxy. I trying to decide get my #53 Challenger up to snuff or put a Piranha motor in the #77 and make a front air dam. All three cars currently are running as quick as the Forums Cup cars which I race here on my Scaley Sport track. However it is an oval and we know the TransAm cars will have to negotiate right as well as left hand turns and the esses. Oh well we will do the best and hope for the best.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:17 pm

I've helped run the T/A proxy for a few years now out here in Colorado and so I've decided to run this time around and move all of you further up the rankings... :P

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:38 am

Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Duke7777 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Here is my entry, 66 Alfa Romeo GTA. The body is from Team Slot. I built this chassis for the Sprite Proxy, but it fits the Alfa and seems to work well. I ended up going with an anglewinder for the Sprite. The wheel insets are Campagnolo Abarth, 3D printed by one of our club members.

Can someone tell me where to find the address for shipping the entries?

Duke7777

Postby Austin » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Alfa Romeo GTA looks great, nice work :auto-driving:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Radarek » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:36 am

Radarek
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Proxy Builds 2018 Gear ratios

Postby mrollingthunder » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Any ballpark suggestions on final gear ratios for an U2.5 car? Those Alphas look quick!

Don M
mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 pm

Well... I thought it'd try new builds this year with the faster motor. Looking forward to feedback as they travel.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:53 pm

Looking good CJ
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:22 pm

^^^^That Falcon looks pretty cool. And Nader would even love that Corvair
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 73emgee » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:22 am

73emgee
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:51 am

There are some great looking cars being shown here. I ran a small motor last year in my Porsche, and it just didn’t have enough grunt to compete. Maybe we should look at U2 entries being powered by the smaller motors to follow the prototype classification. The slim cans are readily available and it might be fun to have a motor distinction as well as body style difference between U2 and O2

Anyway, welcome to the proxy.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy