[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Re: 2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

Postby Mitch58 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:03 am

Ckouba, I'm sending the Pioneer Mustang in for another round, I've still got the Camaro body and the original chassis if you want it. I would recommend the aftermarket chassis though. Mine works great, I just set it up wrong for this year.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:51 pm

https://postimg.org/image/afus068op/

my proposed entry for 2018, Scalextric Camaro, Avantslot cheap chassis, MSC 21K long can motor, 10/28 gearing, Slotting plus 15 x 8 wheels on rear with MJK tyres, standard scaley fronts, still some work to do but so far so good, Seems to handle OK, getting some hop in tighter corners, but will work on it
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:52 pm

Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Sh0wtym37 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:12 am

Hello all, I finally tracked this series down..

I would like to make one O2 entry. At this time, possibly a second if I can find the time.

I would also be interested in hosting. Hosted a round two years back before this became a HRW dedicated proxy.

The track is a 4 lane 100' length Revell track, in Crown Point, IN.

Car likely will be a firebird resin.
Jason
Sh0wtym37

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:05 pm

yes David , both front and rear valances still to go on it, and will double check clearances before sending it
Initial testing so far is promising, really looking forward to seeing how it stacks up against the good ones
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nhdungeonracer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 pm

OK, I'm going to try to get a couple cars into this fray.
One will be a Ford Cortina that has been sitting since the days we ran a TA series on SCI. It needs to come "out of the barn" and run laps again.
The other one will most likely be a Ford, just undecided whether it'll be a Stang or Cougar.

And just to clarify...that 21.5k limit is for both U and O classes? :o
nhdungeonracer
SCC Mechanic

Postby midagekid1 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:33 pm

Midagekid1 is in again the year with the #15 Camaro... the Cougar I entered this year was a good test!!!! It is running mid pack which I am very pleased.. basically a stock car with some tuning..
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mrollingthunder » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:49 pm

mrollingthunder
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Dickie - that Cortina was FAST the last time I drove that!

Don - that SRC is WAY wrong for T/A I'm afraid. Your resin Capri has the correct flares - the SRC is close to G5 in width and is not in the spirit of how the cars looked in the T/A days.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Beejay7 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 am

Hi David

Understand fully what you are saying about the SRC Capri, but could you please tell me which SRC Capri is legal as this make of slot car is on the approved cars list for this event, and having checked through their back releases I can't see a SRC Capri without "manicured" wheel arches.

Regards

Alan
Beejay7

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Ok, I see the SRC issue - I had it in my head they made a normal Capri - not so.

Since the Fly Alfa with the bubbles is allowed, I'll allow the SRC with the style shown in the orange one above. Or, for those that need to see the difference - the Silver one is ok, the yellow one with the G5 flares is NOT.

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Beejay7 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:38 am

Thanks David.....I have the silver one so now I just make it to go properly, before trying to get it to look like a trans am car.....It is a poor car as it stands and it is supposed to be the sporty one.

I have fitted a 3d chassis slot.it motor and gearing, and used the standard wheels and it is a lot better, but I'm struggling with suitable tyres, they are an odd size . The standard ones are poor on most surfaces

The backup vehicle is a Scalex Mustang with Shapeways chassis ,Miteos Wheels etc. Not decided on motor config or orientation and a bit frustrated because a Club racing friend has an almost standard Camaro which goes like the clappers with a standard motor and few mods....very frustrating.

Kind regards

Alan
Beejay7

Postby dreinecke » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 am

Alan,

Good luck to you Sir - those seem to have issues, but I think they can be fixed. As for the Camaro vs. Mustang - funny how one can be so fast with almost nothing done to it!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Leadfoot46 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:03 pm

Okay, does this mean that the SRC 1971 Ford Capri 2600 RS is allowed now? I hope so, then I can cancel my order for the over priced and hard to find Alfa! :music-rockout:
Leadfoot46

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy