[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - 2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy

Re: 2018 Trans-Am Proxy Rules!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:35 pm

The 240z did not run in Trans-Am during the 1966-1972 seasons and is not eligible. There is a published list of cars if you’ve not seen it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby docdoom » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:38 pm

did a google search and found this
https://www.pinterest.com/lus_moreira/d ... ans-am-46/
might be a typo, I do believe only the 510 ran in t/a
http://www.datsunhistory.com/Racehistory1.html
docdoom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:54 pm

The 240z is NOT eligible- that is an SCCA C-Production Car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ccobra » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:44 am

I just misread the post on the Pete Brock BRE Racing site. Hey, you can't knock me for trying:) Oh well, I guess I'll try to get a 64 Falcon running now.
ccobra
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:52 am

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Z-carfan » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Trust me gang, IF the 240Z ran in TA I'd been the first one entered for this proxy. sadly only the 510 is eligible.

Now is someone wants to start a SCCA production proxy, then consider me in with a 240Z.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby midagekid1 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:52 pm

I will be back as well running under #15

midagekid1
Tom Coulas
midagekid1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Bearings?

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:19 am

Hi David

Are bearings being allowed this year? I couldn't find anywhere in the rules where it says they are not

I have some 180 Avant motors. Orange and green ones. Does anyone know where I can find the official rpm rating on these. I have scoped them and found the greens ones run 20K at 12 v and the orange ones are 22K at 12 volts, but am looking for the manufacturers rating
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Bearings?

Postby dreinecke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:34 am

Are bearings being allowed this year? No, but I just realized they didn't show up in the rules. I'll mod those real quick - thanks for letting me know.

I have some 180 Avant motors. I have no idea on the Avant motors.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Re: Bearings?

Postby chrisguyw » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:11 am

chrisguyw
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dogsbody » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 am

Dave,
Recall we talked about early Slot its 21.5K thats really a 23K? I found some info from Slot it that should help identify the two.

From Slot It: About the new Slot.it V12/4 motor (MX16)

We've received several queries about the specs of the new 'small can' V12 motor (MX16), also known as V12/4. In particular, several customers have raised the question that this motor is specified as 23K RPM, whereas the previous one (MX06) was 21.5K.

Actually, the current V12/3 orange endbell motor (MX06) revs at about 23K too. A few years ago the factory changed the metal case of the orange endbell motor, from the old one with rounded off edges, to the actual one with squared edges. This unintendedly and unexpectedly increased the RPM from 21.5K to 23K, but the motor specification was never officially upgraded.

The only difference of interest for our customers is the endbell, which is now a single piece in order to keep the brushes more firmly and hopefully have a more stable production across batches

As far as performance is concerned, the new 23K V12/4 MX16 motor is expected to be the same as the old 21.5K V12/3 unit.

Please note that indeed the new motor shall be called V12/4
Dogsbody
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:39 am

Thanks Chris . That is exactly the numbers I got when I scoped them. Nice to see some accuracy from the manufacturer. So I guess the green ones are allowed and the orange ones are not.

Probably in a 180 the 20 k number is hot enough. They pack a lot of torque and you can get the speed with gearing.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby redlynr » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:39 pm

Are the Fly 911's like this one legal? They were in CanAm proxy... It has flares, but not the huge ones.

Thanks...

redlynr
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:41 pm

dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby Changing-Gearz » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:21 am

I was going to the same-ish car as last years race....
I had a long can-open motor - that probably produced a little traction on certain tracks.......

I'm assuming it won't be a problem to put foil tape on the bottom of the car this year? Are we running on any raised rail tracks?
Changing-Gearz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to 2018 Trans-Am Series Proxy