[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Summer Slam Report

Summer Slam Report

Re: Summer Slam Report

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Junior » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:02 am

Harry and Cindy, thanks for putting these races together, I can't imagine how much work they are but they are motivation for us to do some builds. Hope everyone had fun (how could you not).

Tom
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby glasshorsevh » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:35 am

What!!! Sorry, just getting to look at this ... had a family emergency yesterday.

I have a CAN-AM car 36th out of 36, The evil Mini was trailing the aborted Trans-Am field, and my Ford/Porsche entries run like junk. Yea! We’ll be back in January!!!

Thanks Harry for a great event (& a cool body casting) and thanks to the proxy drivers who brought Tiny Alice Racing it’s first win! BTW... She’s miffed that she passed this one up. Road course racers can be a bit full of themselves sometimes...

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby super2nr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm

Thanks to everyone who entered and the whole support staff that put this on!!! Always a great show when your involved Harry. Great bunch of cars and builders as always. Still cant believe I tied with the master MT.....I was thinking the same thing about the summer entries may be down a tad but what a turnout!! Thanks General My Way and the drivers that were able to help out...see ya in January!!!
super2nr

Postby FC47 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:44 pm

Great to follow all these great builds make their way to a top notch event!
Good show and congrats to all!
Hope to make the next round,
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Well...thanks to Harry and the General and the crew for running this great summer race!!! And congratulations to the podium placers and to all the racers that entered cars into it also!! Really sorry if I didn’t get to comment on the cars that were entered but by the looks of it, they all look fantastic and are true works of scratch building art!! By watching the videos it looks like it was a HOOT of a time by all!!!

Not disappointed in my cars placement at all because I want to say...being a lone racer and given the opportunity by Harry to schedule these Showdowns and to get to build these cars and send them off to compete is a HUGE thrill for me, running by yourself gets boring, but FOR ME, having races like this and the other proxy/series/whatever else type races that I’m able to enter, keeps the building juices flowing year round and keeps my participation level going too, no matter where my cars finish in races, I really don’t care!! As long as I can try and build something, have it compete and it’s run as hard as it can, I’m very thrilled and satisfied!!

Looking very forward to the Winter Showdown coming our way :auto-driving: :auto-driving:

Thanks again to the Skunkworks crew...we’re all winners!!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:53 pm

"Thanks again to the Skunkworks crew...we’re all winners!!! :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-driving: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:"

Never more true words!!
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:51 pm

I was away all weekend, and just winding down after a fun filled family wedding.

Thanks to the drivers and HRW for this fun event. Congrats to the winners and everyone else who contributed such closely matched scratchbuilt cars.

BARC is happy to see some progress in the cars submitted this year, and pleased with the Mustang’s placing.

Great event
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dge467 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 pm

Nice cars! Thanks for the report Harry!
dge467
The King of Foil

Postby tin_indians » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:42 am

Every one of those cars was a winner. Theres a ton of ability and skill in those builds. As was said before, thanks again Harry for hosting this event. This was my first Proxy with Harry but not my last.

Rick
tin_indians
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:34 am

Great looking group of cars as usual and great report. I'll be back for the winter slam, I just had too much going on for this one. I'm glad the east coast was represented by 00modified. Can't wait to see Buzzie in the field. I built a Buzzie coupe a while back but it's on a Sprints Plus chassis so it doesn't fit the scratch built thing very well.
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Gentleman Norb » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:58 am

Wow some really great cars once again.
Congrats to all the winners.
Gentleman Norb
SlotCar Aristocrat

Postby Fitzy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:33 am

Thanks for the Adjustment Harry what a field of cars! Congrats to all the Winners
Fitzy
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:45 am

Thank you Harry and Cindy great time, great food, great host

As one of the lucky few that got to drive these fine builds I would just like to thank all of you that worked so hard and sent in a car.

The cars you see in the photos looked even better in hand

Great to see everyone, and we got a new guy Lou Lou, very fun guy and a pretty good racer

Once again great time thanks to all
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby tjettom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:22 am

It takes a very special person who willingly puts out such a tremendous and arduous effort. How many slot car forums are there that even slightly promote the obscure genre of not only dirt track slot cars but yet the nostalgic dirt track slot car racers?... especially in our favorite made for home scale 1/32...They're all missing out on what so many Americans loved most about their own cars and the sport of auto racing... and Harry is helping us keep it alive and in our homes for each of us to cherish and enjoy if only in a scale just like we remembered and loved in the day. HRW,Harry,and it's members are bringing the hobby to where the commercial manufactures never could and is enableing more people to find the genre of the slot car hobby that was really never presented or available ever before... in my opinion. And with the help from such a great membership with all their various talents I see even a greater future for this particular genre.So,anyways,BIG Thanks to Harry... and crew... and Brew too!!! I have repeatedly witnessed that Harry's advocating and promoting of this genre has brought forth much greater movement from many suppliers than I've ever seen in the past.They are seeing there really is a market here. From the cottage industries,home brews,and the manufacturers we are now able to find just about every item needed to scratch build a cool dirt slot car. Not many moons ago that was quite a bit harder task to accomplish. So,BIG thanks for enabling this particular genre that Harry and crew has resurrected. I am looking forward to a great future for nostalgic dirt slot car racing. With respect to all who love and help this hobby....BIG THANK YOU!
P.S... just a good ol beer and hot dog dirt car fan....
Regards,
Tom Baker
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to ORW Showdown Series 2018