[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Hot Hot Hot Summer Slam tune up tips !

Hot Hot Hot Summer Slam tune up tips !

Hot Hot Hot Summer Slam tune up tips !

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Just because I don't want to run away with all the gold, jewelry, and hot grid girls. I thought I would pass along a few tips to get you guys in the top 10. Most guys already know most of this, but it plesures me to put it out there for everyone so to get the field as close as possible.

1. use smaller diameter tires on the right side for a good balance of weight.(preferably) the smallest on the right rear !
2. Cut the both braids on the guide to 1/4", myself, I like 1/16" on the left side...
3.the lead wires must be as short as possible so the current flows very fast to the motor, even if that means the guide will bind a little. The power gain will override the ability to turn hard in the corner. (no joke here)
4. A good starting point on adding weight, start with minimum of 4-5, 1/4 oz. automotive wheel weights and place them evenly as far to the right rear of the body/chassis as possible. This will insure your car bites hard coming out of the turn, and will almost turn hard left on its own going into the turn. -----VERY IMPORTANT-----
5. This one is a pretty new finding, but if you take a little time when truing your REAR tires, and get a very slight cone shape to the tire. just enough to where the inside of the tire is the only contact with the track. you will most likely be in the top 5. best if you can get a almost razer edge, with about 1/8" space on the outside.
6.last, we all know well STP works as a traction aid, but try 3 small drops from a eyedropper into the motor just over the commutator. This will ensure the arm has plenty of lubricant to last the distance, and also keeps the brushes tight against the comm.

If your able to apply even a few these tips, you will be amazed in the performance.
One last thing, and most important, DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE CAR UNTIL YOUR READY TO BOX YOUR ENTRY AND SHIP. TO INSURE IT WILL BE AT ITS PEAK PERFORMANCE OUT OF THE BOX.
Good luck to everyone, may the best car win ! :text-goodpost:
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Re: Hot Hot Hot Summer Slam tune up tips !

Postby 4424ever » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:25 pm

Oooooh ya thanks Mark a day after I shipped my car, but seriously my approach is to tune my car so its neutral and balanced so it’s on par with my other cars on MY oval. When I send it out it does what it does weather up front or out back, no matter but it gives me insight on how my building/tuning style stacks up, this info and just participating is all I’m after. If your cars are tuned this way it will be very interesting to compare times :D Oh by the way on a side note my modified is one of your bodies I hope I’ve done it justice!
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 pm

hehehe, why thanks Mark, priceless info! :D
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Why do I get the feeling that there is scandal, discord, & fierce fighting about to erupt?!? Yeah- that's racing, right?
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby 4424ever » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Yup take it to the track boys, let’er eat and let the chips fall where they may :banana-dance:
4424ever
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tjettom » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:41 pm

Mark,thanks for the heads up! I now see I need to reengineer my entries and put more emphasis on the performance factor than I had originally thought was needed. ( My first time with the proxy deal I guess I should have known better)...So, with so little time to start new, I will wait till the next show down thus giving me much better chances.
Thanks again,
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:45 am

Wow, and I was just so pleased that my cars went round and round!...

I will file that for the winter event, thank you Mark... very sporting.
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:50 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby historiceng » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 am

:lol: :lol: must keep my eye on the ball..must keep my...cont'd chant to myself :lol:
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby tjettom » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 pm

At first glance I thought this was for real. Good luck with your set up and hope it helps all who read it. Great tips there!
Tom
tjettom
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Yes Tom
Exactly my reason for Mr. Leghorn, seems the speed tips were being taken seriously. WAS INTENDED FOR FUN ONLY :o
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby glasshorsevh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Wish this thread had been posted last week, before our entry was headed North. I would rather not be draggin’ the field this time out.... or again (first foray into oval racing).

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mattb » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Might be bogus tips, but it pleasures Mark to give them! He should be pleasured every now and then.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FC47 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:45 pm

With all those inside trick setup tips you probly don't even need to bother gluing the tires!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:58 pm

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Next

Return to ORW Showdown Series 2018