[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Showdown Results and Review

Showdown Results and Review

Showdown Results and Review

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:55 am

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Re: Showdown Results and Review

Postby Junior » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:15 am

Looks like you boys had a great time. A big thanks to whoever tuned and drove my car, it did a lot better than I could have hope for. A big thanks to Harry and Cindy for putting on this event.
Should start on next year's car now, may have it done by December.
Tom (Team procrastination)
Junior
Shop Teacher

Postby sawmiller72 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:54 am

I want to thank Harry and Cindy for all there hospitality ,and all that sponsored. It was great to get back there and have a day of fun .I'm not quite back in the game but that was a real hoot , :text-thankyouyellow:
sawmiller72

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks Harry and the crew for putting on the event. BARC will be back with quicker cars next year. It’s a tough field , and I’ll need to find a couple of tenths
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:06 am

Just took a closer look at the laps. Both my cars did 10 laps less in the red lane. Most be something I need to know about that for building next years cars.

Is this a guide issue or something. I am guessing many deslots? Just checked and the red lane seems like it shouldn’t have caused any more problems then the others?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby oldtymer » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:09 am

A BIG thanks to Harry and Cindy for hosting another great event. Thanks to all the drivers involved .Harry is right...every car there is a winner. It goes to show you how Harry and others inspire all of us to enjoy the hobby of building TOYS. Besides ...anybody that can get that many laps out of of a Pickles Build is darn good.
Oldtymer AKA Pickles
PS...thanks to the Sponsors for the race goodies..
oldtymer
Cat Lovers Club Prez

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:13 am

Dan, what happened was the right rear wheel came loose. The car obviously was not gripping with a wheel spin. We raced it a couple laps as we did not know it was loose...until of course the wheel came off and passed the field. I stopped the race and fixed it. But at the speed we are going it was too late.

The cars ran fine really. My best advice is to just make sure things are tight :) Or I should.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 am

Because speed was not the issue. Maybe some more weight.

In perspective, SADCO left the milder MT5 in his car. But it had great weight on bottom and was a TANK on the track. Bump him and guess who won? It stayed in the slot and grabbed a podium, and that was with no time for testing as the car arrived that morning.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sadco racing » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:19 am

Thanks everyone for the whole show, especially Harry and Cindy, can't tell you how many times I checked on here for updates, etc. Sure honored to make the podium in this pool of talent. Slots, yeah I'm hooked.

Thx, Sadco Steve
sadco racing
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:45 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bdsharp » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 am

Wow, a podium finish at a Show-me Showdown! That's one checked off my bucket list. Thanks so much for the emergency bodywork to keep the #92 in the race, and to the drivers for wringing all it had out of it. This really is a winter highlight.
bdsharp
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 am

Oh yes, the Dodge had the front mount break free. Caused a rub and major slowdown. We stopped the race and the screw was missing, I secured the best I could with a new screw. But didn't leave much body float. But in the heat of battle, not a lot of time to do major repairs. And again, at these speeds...one or two bad laps can cost.

Because when that happens, the driver will pick the car up and check things like braid, etc to do a quick fix. Laps just get lost. I only make a track call if the car acts badly after the quick check. But between unlucky crashes and performance issues, you had a bad run. With some visitors here, they could not stay as long as they would like, so we do not make track calls unless absolutely necessary. If the car comes out and be quickly put back in? We keep rolling. Track calls are horrible for constantly killing the flow of a race. SO I minimize them when possible.

True tires, guide height placement, and adding some more weight. The MOD was a very nice car. Just a touch more lead.

We WANT you back. The cars are great.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 am

BD...I sure hope you like "character" because your poor Ford has it in spades!!!

You box will be a day or two behind the others on mail out so I can cast the items you requested. Just no time this weekend. I will start later today.

And thanks mostly for being a GREAT SPORT! I almost wept when that damage happened... :auto-driving:

So we had to have some fun with your car.

HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Oh I will be back. It is the feedback that helps me build better cars. These cars were much better then last years efforts, and you can count on an improved version next year.

Re Body mounts. I have given up on the post method since these cars were built. My Trans Am entries have rocker mounts, as will next years Showdown entries. Seems to be stronger and the float can be adjusted better.

Thanks for the weight suggestion. Not having an oval for testing it is the feedback i need to build a better car. So thank you very much.

The fun is in the building, and entering. I can see that if I throw out the red lane issues, the cars are in the hunt.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby super2nr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Thanks for the runs guys ....back to the drawing board i guess. Told ya I had the bottom half squared away Harry.Not sure if it was setups or crashes or both. Thanks for putting this together and thanks to your family and those who came down to help out!!!
super2nr

Next

Return to ORW Showdown Series 2018