Sprite Proxy Race 2018 - Score card

Re: Sprite Proxy Race 2018 - Score card

Postby JT Previa » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:35 pm

******Post Competition Update ******

The cars have returned to the United States facilities of DanJim Slotcar,s safely. We plan on assigning prizes and preparing cars for return in the next few weeks due to business and travel obligations. We thank you for your patience.

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:55 am

Hi JT and Vtechfour.

I believe the All Blacks are playing against France at weekend in Auckland, NZ so pick up a jersey on the way out of the stadium (you might have to run fast though), some Merino wool is available the next time you go hiking in the Southern Alps South Island NZ and finally entries for the Americas Cup are being accepted. Just forward your initial $1,000,000 deposit to secure your place. Bugeye Sprites will however require a little modification. Best of luck. I will be in Auckland racing at weekend so will look forward to seeing you on Youtube Charles Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby HMGracing » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi All, hope everyone is doing fine.
The races are over and all looked good. Lots of work and fun running all the races.
Do we know when the cars are going to be sent back home. I curious to see how they look after all the racing.
Racing here is Wednesday nights if anyone is in the area. :auto-driving: :banana-dance: :text-welcomewave:
:text-thankyouyellow:
:text-bravo:
Harald.
HMGracing

Postby VTECFOUR » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi Harald,

JT, our return postmaster, is packaging cars and goodies for shipping.

To save on postal charges, I've asked that he send back the three Northlands Raceway cars to Black3sr's mailing address and the Greater Vancouver Slot Car Club (GVSCC) ones to TF1250.

From the last race's pics, the cars look to be in good shape.

Hopefully, they'll be fine crossing land and ocean to everyone's doorsteps intact.

Hang in there!

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:04 pm

I have 128 points I win :auto-checkeredflag:
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Attention Audi1 - I tried to reply to your PM about address but not sure whether it went. May have sent twice. Just in case my postal address is as follows:
Unit 2/27 Whiteley Street, Moturoa, New Plymouth 4310, New Zealand.
Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby bill from nh » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:39 pm

Charles, I received two PM's this afternoon from you with your postal address, but I'm not involved with the proxy. I was confused at first, because I didn't recall commenting on this event's thread. Hope the person you intended them for now has the information.

Bill
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:07 pm

Sorry Bill. I was having trouble sending reply to Audi1. Chas Le Breton
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Should be sorry everyone. Only meant to send to Audi1. At least we know system works. Regards Chas Le Breton
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby bill from nh » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:19 am

No offense on my part Charles.
bill from nh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby JT Previa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Car Return Update

Cars and prizes were sent out to Texas and New Hampshire entrants on Thursday. I’ve started packing the international entrants and hope to start sending them out this coming week. Thanks for everyone’s patience, it’s been a busy summer.

Jim
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Thanks for posting news JT/Jim. I presume you got my mailing address OK.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby JT Previa » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Shipping Update 2

Posted New Zealand ( Charles to address above) and Colin at RS in the UK today. Both posted with tracking numbers and indicated “toy cars from contest returned goods to country of origin.”

The Canadian orders are packed up. Need to fill out forms and postage, but my busy schedule the next few days will push this later in the week.

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:22 am

Thanks very much JT. Will look forward to getting my little car home. Enjoyed every minute of competition.

Not sure I agree with people replacing motors though. Seems to defeat whole purpose of hand-out motor. If a motor does fail it should be replaced by organiser in my opinion. Not sure who should pay. In NZ we have legislation called the Consumer Guarantees Act.

Do not recall a motor ever failing so have to wonder what some people do with them. I myself made the mistake of trying to fit in 3D chassis and had to remove one end of shaft to fit. When I had to built new purpose built chassis because there were problems with former I had to use motor backwards but I did not need a replacement. This may have affected its performance but I had to live with my mistake.

I am using the Policar FF050 in my SCCA Lotus 30. Fortunately we have a local stockist. Will be interesting to see how it goes in such a small car.

All the best. Will let you know when car arrives. Charles Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby JT Previa » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:15 pm

The Canadian orders were shipped this morning - and as much as I love them, I was very happy to see them go :D :D :D

Most entrants won a set of Paul Gage tires, or a BWA motor while several entrants benefitted from the generosity of DoubleB and VTEC and won a slot car! We also did a random drawing and gifted the RS Slot Racing classic resin kits which looks like the foundation of a proxy in of themselves! :banana-dance: I'll leave you all in suspense as to who got what, but for all the effort expended on these great little cars, everyone deserved prizes for their daring and often unique scratch building efforts :text-bravo:

Let us know when you receive your cars. We do have tracking info on all shipments to check on any delays.

:auto-checkeredflag: :auto-checkeredflag:

JT (and VTEC)
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Sprite Proxy Race (SPR) 2018