Sprite Proxy Race 2018 - Score card

Re: Sprite Proxy Race 2018 - Score card

Postby Austin » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:00 am

Got my car, motor and tires. Thank you very much for all the time and work put into this proxy.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:52 pm

The number 14 car has arrived home safely. She was a little wilted (Tejas in the summer again), but fixed after five minutes under the hair drier. Now it’s on to the SCCA and the Elva BMW. I really enjoyed this outing, and we did pretty well (that being relative to some of our other sorties). Prizes and everything.... Thanks so much to all the sponsors, track owners, and drivers!

Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:33 am

Car return.

My car Bugeye Sprite No.10 arrived home safely today. Not a scratch on it. Thanks Jim and Dan for the A.C ACE body kit and the great racing.

My Lotus 30 is starting to take shape. Body nearly finished and chassis close to rolling. Still have to fit body mounts and paint.

Looking forward to SCCA competition.

Regards Charles Le Breton (charlesx)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby black3sr » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:43 pm

Our cars arrived today with the Lotus body, FI Scaley and tires.

But, I had to pay $22 CDN for taxes. You do NOT list as merchandise. You list as gift or return of goods to avoid any charges.

I will try to get a refund after filling out and filing the paper work.
black3sr

Postby JT Previa » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pm

I’m glad the cars are being delivered quickly

As to how they are listed for international shipment, I specifically wrote on the online postage form “returned goods from model car contest” usually listing country of origin as the country they are returning too. I noticed that for some reason, that does not print on the label, so I handwrote that I’m on a few of the labels. As to “gift” or “merch” there is no info on the outgoing mail system which is better for avoiding taxes. I do check the non commercial exception, though.

I hope you can get a refund, mention that my last name is the same as your current PM...we must be related somewhere! Though, if you are in Ontario, maybe you should tell them you drive a Ford :D

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby charlesx@xtra.co.nz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Hi JT and all.

I had no problem with taxes in New Zealand. The goods were clearly marked as "Used and being returned to owner" and a reasonable value stated. I appreciate rules may be different in NZ but everything possible was done to minimise any tax or customs problems.

The only thing I can suggest for the future is that the value is kept down (below actual value). Some proxies stipulate that values be kept as low as $10-20 and the package should be clearly marked as "Used models for racing competition and return to the owner".

The only disadvantage with this is if a parcel gets lost (not a common occurence in my experience) you can only claim the lesser amount but at least costs to the sender and receiver are kept to a minimum. Spread over 20-30 cars this could be quite substantial to the proxy

Hope this is of some help.

Regards Chas Le Breton (charlesx)
charlesx@xtra.co.nz

Postby RS Slot Racing » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:01 am

Car received back in the UK. Took just 6 days to come home from US as opposed to the 48 days to arrive in Canada which resulted in lost races, lost points and a disappointing first ever proxy for me.

Apart from a missing windscreen - easily replaced - car was in fine running order and will now be used at my own club circuit.

Regards,
Colin
RS Slot Racing
RS Slot Racing

Postby JT Previa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 am

Colin, glad the British and American postal services worked well together on this delivery!

Thanks again for your generous sponsorship and prizes :text-thankyouyellow: :text-thankyouyellow:

And for building a car that exemplified the spirit of the event :banana-dance:

Charles, thanks for confirming the labeling and some of the pitfalls and challenges of the postal business!

JT
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Sprite Proxy Race (SPR) 2018