Sprite Proxy 2018 - starting to ship kits

Re: Sprite Proxy 2018 - starting to ship kits

Postby JT Previa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:15 pm

The mail room crew was excited to receive the DanJim Sprite Proxy Kit today here at the Eastern Headquarters of DanJim International. Here's the official unboxing report:

As befits DanJim's high standards, the kit was well packaged and travelled first class shipping par avion. Tres bien!

The DanJim Design Division is concerned about this customs description of DanJim's historically researched and carefully engineered products. We've added this topic to the next supply chain meeting agenda.

The international components from SCC, Paul Gage, RS Slot Racing, and DanJim are extremely well packaged. Promotional material includes box art and a race decal.

Two sets of wheel inserts?! Classic and modern! Does the accounting department know about this? Is this in the budget? Should we add this feature to the box art? Once again, DanJim over delivers!

Don't forget to take advantage of partner Slot Car Corner's Proxy Parts webpage to simplify ordering the remaining parts to turn this kit into a proxy racer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
JT Previa
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby glasshorsevh » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Found my Sprite in the mailbox today and as expected the Tejas heat got to it and it kinda looked like a New England Modified, but a couple of minutes with my wife's hair dryer and it straightened right up. Two sets of inserts? Hmmm... only got one, but I had other plans anyway. Everything looks good, going to be a fun build!

Thanks Much... Val
glasshorsevh
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RS Slot Racing » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:11 am

Received thanks!
RS Slot Racing

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:51 pm

Received my goodies yesterday!
:banana-dance:

I scored the rare "offset wide body" version of the kit! :lol:

In all seriousness, aside from needing a little hot water bath action to remedy the effects of high heat during the trip here, this is a VERY nice and VERY light weight casting!
:text-bravo:

Looking forward to getting started!
:banana-dance:
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Lou E » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:23 pm

It appears you received the dirt oval special, very rare!!! :mrgreen:

What do you guys do to get the body back into shape? The Sprite body that is. Mine is a little "askewed"... :lol:
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Good to see relatively safe and sound arrival.

As suggested a warm water bath should get the body back in shape. That's the risk of such a light cast. This is for racing, so I think it's a good thing.

Build on!

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:35 pm

Dan - Great job on the castings! These are going to make for a great field of racers! :banana-dance:

Lou - As noted, typically all that is needed is to run the body under the faucet on "warm to hot", while focusing the water on the area you want to shape/bend/etc. As the resin heats up, it becomes more pliable, and is normally relatively easy to reshape as needed.
Once you are happy with the it, it's just a matter of running it under some nice cold water to lock in the shape and you are good to go!

I did that to my body already - and as you can see, she is right back where she should be!
:dance:
Hope that helps!

TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby Lou E » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:49 pm

Definitely helps, thanks Todd!
Lou E
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to Sprite Proxy Race (SPR) 2018