[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RAA #5: Clover Leaf Racing

RAA #5: Clover Leaf Racing

The home for this epic proxy series.

Re: RAA #5: Clover Leaf Racing

Postby bov » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:20 am

Um - where are the cars now? Are they still at Cloverleaf? :?:
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:02 pm

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:32 am

i wonder why this proxy runs out of steam after 4 or 5 races? last year this proxy only ran 3 or 4 rounds and was cancelled.
when this proxy was set up, it looked like we had lots of tracks set up.
cant find tracks, cars not exciting?
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:40 pm

hopefully this proxy series can continue for a couple more rounds
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm trying my darndest.

As far as the petering out... Based on the feedback from the guys around here I'd say two factors impacting this year... The Carrera cars aren'tt as attractive as some of the other higher speed/modified proxies out there. Maybe running this with 2 classes (am/pro) to make a portion of the racing faster for the hosts would help. Also, working the schedule to more in the fall/spring timeframe when racers are more likely to be indoors.

We recently had a batch of proxy cars show up that are a bit more popular around here and we're still worries about getting enough racers to make it out to run them.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:13 am

CJ47, I am sure you are doing everything possible. Hopefully more tracks become available. I will see if we can do anything here.
About the proxy. so many people dont like carrera cars, but I really like them. I wonder if re-powering them with a pirana motor will make them more exciting to race. I like the simple rules we have at this time. You may be right about the timing with spring and summer here, everyone is out doing stuff or on vacations.
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:26 am

Well we may have to change a few things for next year, Have to start a post on what every one would like to see. May be running scalextric cars and not carrera.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:34 am

I like the Carrera cars. I think the details of the body look good. Motor: I have not looked since the earlier rounds but I pointed out that 3 out of 5 cars in the top five were Hawk powered. I think getting a fast Carrera motor is the luck of the draw. Most of my Hawk motors tack at about 19-20K. If you went to Scaley cars would it matter if they were inline or sidewinder? Or would it be required that it be one over the other? Would the Scaley motor, Hawk and Gator motor be the options? I haven't run the Gator yet to see how it stacks up to the Hawk.

Is speed really the issue? The SCCA proxy is run with 18K power. Well you can run the Policar 25K motor but power output is limited to 6.3 watts. This proxy has 36 cars in it. Which says to me its not about speed.

Why does the proxy slow down? Not sure. The Forums Cup Proxy has run during the Summer and Fall months for 11 years with no apparent problems.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:08 am

If we need to add a few rounds, my track would be available to host an event (GMS in Galena, Oh), I might even be able to arrange for a round on the big flat track at Mark Model World in Canton.
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:30 pm

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:12 am

I will get with Dale and see if we can run a round in Hawaii if the logistics will allow. Lance
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:31 am

Mike or Lance,
Any word on race interest? Looks like the possibility of a NJ or PA race has totally fizzed out.

CJ
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:04 pm

Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:19 pm

We would be happy to.
Aloha
Dale and Lance
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:23 pm

Thanks Lance Got an address from Mike to get the cars to Ohio for a round or two. Maybe after that?
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Race Across America