RAA #5: Clover Leaf Racing

The home for this epic proxy series.

Re: RAA #5: Clover Leaf Racing

Postby arroldn » Sat May 11, 2019 2:12 pm

Congratulations to the podium finishers. Man didn't do to well here. Guess you could say it was a top 10 finish :lol:
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby ALS » Sat May 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Congratulations to the Podium this is not a good day for me hope to do better next track. There is no more power out of my motor . Thanks to Cloverleaf
Adrian ALS
ALS
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat May 11, 2019 3:54 pm

Prelim info removed.
Last edited by cj74 on Sun May 12, 2019 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat May 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Looks like I finished 10th in both races. Oh well. A new motor is sitting on my table waiting for next year.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:50 pm

I still need to validate the race results and tie breakers. I'll have that done tomorrow.

arroldn... I'd take a look all of the friction points on the car too. A different motor will be a big help, but if everything isn't turning freely the motor will b working harder than it needs too.
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Thanks,
I'll look at the car when it gets back. The original motor was a screamer until it went up in smoke, literally. Not sure why my Hawks were so slow. Oh well too 2020.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Official Results:
I've now had a chance to go through all of the qualifying and race data. Here are the official notes from the official race.

With a collective group of regulars and semi-regulars we were able to assemble a good group to hold the official RAA Proxy Race #5. Using the qualifying results from last week as run by Mike (mikeinclover) we established a starting grid on the store's Carrera track using a straight location and running 2.5 minutes heats. With Matt (red), Dave (yellow), Cal (blue) and James (green) pulling the triggers Mike, Keith and I were handling marshaling duties. The results of the race did have a few shakeups compared to qualifying as the driving styles on the track were in favor of cars that were easy to drive through the turns and that made up for some of the straight away speed differences. With that said, here are the final results (ties were broken by finishing segment and then average of fast laps).
ImageImageImage

Confirmed Podium
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Sun May 12, 2019 3:34 pm

Bonus Race Time!!!!

With the gang assembled, we were able to run an unscheduled second race a the the Clover Leaf host site. With a similar cast of characters in the building, James completed the qualifying duties in Yellow Lane. He is a man of few words, but there were quite a few similarities between the plastic and wood track. This race saw Dave (red), Keith (green), Matt (yellow) and James (green) with Dave, Cal, Paul, Erk, Nan and myself serving as the race marshals for the 2.5 minute heats. While the plastic Carrera track has a couple of highspeed turns and long straight with a couple very technical sections the wood track is all about a very smooth ride and carrying speed through all the turns. A hot lap on this track is good, but can be very difficult to sustain over the course of the race. On to the results (same approach used for tie breakers).
ImageImageImage

Unfortunately, I don't have a legit photo that represents the true finishing position. As we were moving on to the next track the tie breaker details weren't completely worked out. But, again here is a shot of the cars on the track.

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sun May 12, 2019 5:09 pm

Congrats all. Thanks for hosting. Always fun to see the results.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sun May 12, 2019 6:18 pm

Hello from DownUnder...

Many thanks to all concerned for putting on Rounds 5 & 6.....

Congrats to the various Podiumites - pleasantly surprised to be joining you for the first time in Round 6.....

Bit of a shake up in results from earlier, but such is the nature of proxy racing...... quite like the photos, too!

In the updated standings ( hopefully attached... ), things are tightening up:
1. Manchvegas 56pts
2. Austin 53pts
3.Aloha 50pts
3. CJ74 50pts
5. Z Car Fan 49pts
6. Chappy 45pts
7. Lance 43pts
7. Cincyslot 43pts
9. bov 35pts
10. ArroldN 28pts
11. Pepsi62 23pts
12. ALS 19pts
13. SteeveeW 5pts
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby manchvegasracer » Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Thanks to the guys at Cloverleaf for running the cars! Thanks to Tony for the updated standings!!
manchvegasracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun May 12, 2019 8:23 pm

Thanks to all at Cloverleaf who made this stop on the circuit happen. To our podium finishers, congratulations. Like I said I have a new motor waiting to pop in this ride. Not sure if a motor swap i allowed under the rules. No matter I'll just have to keep trudging along.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Pepsi62 » Mon May 13, 2019 12:51 pm

Many thanks to the SCC crew for running the round and to those that stood on the podium, well done. Looks like the old Audi is a bit of a slug, but we shall soldier on to the next round
Pepsi62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Z-carfan » Mon May 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Thanks for running the cars and great to see the extra round at Cloverleaf.
Glad to see the #71 running where it is, feeling better about my choices on setup. It does sound like a little more work needs to be done but happy to be in the event.

Cheers to the drivers, hosts and marshals for putting on this round! :text-thankyouyellow:
Z-carfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sat May 18, 2019 12:48 pm

Looks like some good close competitions for position.
Love it when it goes like that.
Thanks to all who put thess rounds together
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

PreviousNext

Return to Race Across America