[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

The home for this epic proxy series.

RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

Postby Doubl-B » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:52 pm

Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

Postby Austin » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:45 pm

There are two cars in question are CJ74 and Chappy. I think the really long guides It would be extreme to give them a 0 on one lane but in reality, the cars will in fact NOT be able to complete a lap in the tightest lane. Is it all right to cut the guides shorter for the tight turn in line 1 ??? If not or no reply the cars will set out this lane.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Since the rules called for open choice of guides, and unfortunately the track wont accept 2 of them, perhaps we can all agree to drop our worst race. This would mean CJ an myself could drop this race.
Rather than messing with the builds it seems less harsh.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby bov » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:58 pm

It is a 'drop your worst round' pointscore system that I'm using......
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:37 pm

We had the same 2 guys run every car to keep it fair. If you give one car to a seasoned racer and the other to a newbie, that guy doesn’t have a chance. Just my $0.02.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Well if thats the case Bruce , i can just drop this race, no worries.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:07 pm

Why would you do that? My comment had nothing to do with the guides. I was only stating how we did the race here. I don’t think there are rules for this so I assume each track can do as they wish.

As for the guides, CJ was the only one that didn’t work on our track. I already trimmed CJ’s guide to work on Carrera. I would leave further alterations be left up to the owners.

I’m just looking to keep it even and fun for everyone. We thoroughly enjoyed round 1.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby chappy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:05 pm

Sorry Bruce that was intended for bov lol
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby Cincyslots » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 pm

No worries.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby YamFJ1200Rider » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:23 am

I was the other driver with Bruce from Cincyslots and it was a pleasure to do this race with cars set up by people from all over the country and see different styles of setting a car up, I learned a lot!

I am hoping to set up a car for a future proxy race and see what mine can do.

Darrell
YamFJ1200Rider

Postby Doubl-B » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:08 am

Sorry for the delay here. The plan is to do Qualifying this week on Sunday night and race the cars on the following Sunday night. Getting close to the holidays, so we have to adjust on the fly as things come up. We will post photos and qualifying results as soon as we have them. Stay tuned!
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Just curious why you have qualifying? Trying to learn since this was only my second proxy.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Good question Bruce. I have hosted several proxies and usually the cars are qualified first before racing them. I just made an assumption that we should qualify the cars first. Qualifying mainly builds suspense as a build up to the race, but then the cars are raced by qualification results (usually slowest cars first) to group fast cars with fast cars and slow cars with slow cars.

I went back to check the RAA Proxy rules and I don't see anything speaking to how the racing should be run. For example, usually the proxy will specifically state how long the cars should race for, how the points scoring works, track voltage guidelines, and how driver rotations work. As you already stated, in order for the racing to be fair, a driver should be assigned to a lane so he races every car in the same lane. That way, if for example driver A is really good and driver B is a newbie and maybe not as good, all the cars are treated the same way because driver A runs all cars in the red lane and driver B runs all cars in the white lane. The point of a proxy is to see how all the cars do with a variety of tracks and varying skill levels of a variety of drivers.

So anyway, I didn't see any guidelines in the rules page and it's probably too late for me to line up drivers for tomorrow night so here is a rundown of what we plan to do.

1. drivers assigned to a lane for the entire proxy run.
2. 2.5 minute heats will give all cars 10 minutes running time.
3. voltage will be set at 10v.
4. cars will be raced in groups based on qualifying results. (we use TrackMate for scoring)

I didn't mean to make this more complicated than it needs to be. Maybe we could get Austin to give a nod on if this is ok or if he had anything different in mind.

Regards,
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:24 pm

Last edited by Doubl-B on Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:12 am

dang, second to second to last.
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Race Across America