[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

The home for this epic proxy series.

Re: RAA CARRERA - ROUND 2 - NORTHERN CONNECTICUT

Postby Doubl-B » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:04 pm

Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:47 am

Thank you hosting a leg of the race.

I wonder if the flip in the running order had anything to do with plastic to wood? Thanks again. It’s fun waiting and reading the reports.

Bruce
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:10 am

Well the 56 was suspect when it was loaded on the hauler. Looks like a trip to the motor shop when it gets back home. Way to go Dale in your lighting fast Hawaii Ferrari. Congratulations to Manch Vegas and Zcarfan.

Thanks to our host and drivers. Have a Merry Christmas guys and all.
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:22 am

Bruce:
Yeah, we were wondering the same thing too, but I think the tires were the big story because if your and CJ74's tires hooked up, the results would have been changed up.

Also forgot to mention that there was some really close racing. Note that 3 cars contested the 3rd place position and ended up with 88 laps (plus fractions). In reality, Austin finished on Zcarfan's bumper, but we assigned different segment numbers so it would be clear in the scoring who finished in front of the other.
BB
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:57 am

Interesting. My car was tuned on a wood track and hooked up great...

Assuming qualifying and the race were on the same track?
cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:03 am

Yes - same track.
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cj74 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:43 am

cj74
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:48 pm

That's part of proxy racing, you dont know if the racing will end up like qualifying. Even if I have low qualifying position, there is hope the car will finish higher in the race. Doesn't always happen.
Also you may get bested in 1 race, but there is always next race.
Tracks are different, drivers are different and race day track temps are different.
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby 32nd street garage » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I would like to say thanks to everyone for letting us host the race and having it at my track we had a lot of fun and the cars were all very nice. Bruce we looked at your car after qualifying to see if there was anything that stood out but all looked good and I even put it on the track after and ran some laps to make sure I wasn't green at the beginning and could not make it stick. We race silicones only and our tracks has a layer down on it from years of racing so is this playing a roll in traction for rubber? Same goes for CJ we just couldn't make any sense out of the results. We ran qualifying and left the cars on the track as seen in the picture from qualifying I closed the door to the room and nothing was touched until we ran a week later.
I felt we gave our best to give all cars a fair race as they all deserved. All three of us have at least 6 years of driving experience me being the slower of them but I had home track advantage for you all and ran my Test lane I always run :D . Thanks to BOB for putting it together he is our race director for our club and has us run about 4 proxys per year threw the club tracks and Jeremy for taking time to come over and run he is a hot shoe!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas , Glenn
32nd street garage

Postby 32nd street garage » Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Lance#24 were did you get your corvette from? PM if you could I have been trying to figure it out.If you all couldn't tell I like corvettes and have around 75 new ones on the wall.
Thanks, Glenn
32nd street garage

Postby bov » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi All,

Many thanks to all concerned for putting on the round. Congrats to the top 3 !! :D

Until I get back into the office after the holidays, I can't post an image of the pointscore spreadsheet - but I can advise that after two rounds, and dropping your worst of the two, the points are:
CJ74 & Aloha on 13 Points; Cincyslot & ManchVegas on 12; Z Car Fan 11; Austin 10; Chappy & Lance on 9; Pepsi62 7; Arroldn 6; bov 5; ALS 4 and Steeveew 1
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Doubl-B » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the clubhouse,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The Carreras were all packed, in the shipping crate with care,
in hopes that the USPS man, would soon be there.

The cars were all nestled all snug in their bubble-wrap rolls,
while visions of tracks like Laguna Seca, danced in their souls.

Just waiting for Austin, to give us the word,
-the next race location, so the cars can be transferred.

Myself and my guys, enjoyed racing your cars,
its the stuff legends are made of - you guys are Superstars!

They soon will be picked up, and taken to the next proxy site,
the tracking provided by global satellite.

Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Doubl-B
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cincyslots » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:02 pm

No complaints here. It’s only my second one. I’m just hoping to learn a little.

Thanks again
Cincyslots
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Double B
Thank you for running the event...even more thank you for the poetry!
To all happy holidays
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Austin » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:04 am

Next race at SCC hosted by Austin, First weekend I don't have youth basketball at the school. Only $800 and 5 hours to replace the drain pipe in my cellar. My Scalextric track power and timing gone.

Then Manch Vegas will be after me

Please ship and I will set the time up with Bob at SCC for the race.

Don Pearson
42 Brookside
Merrimack, NH

Some how I know them three cars would climb to the top.

Thanks for hosting this round, looks like you all had a great time.
Austin
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to Race Across America