RAA - Rippin' Ridin' Raceway - Round 3

The home for this epic proxy series.

RAA - Rippin' Ridin' Raceway - Round 3

Postby kidvoltage » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:20 am

Last night Round 3 passed into history at Al's Rippin' Ridin' Raceway in Portland, Oregon. The assembled multitude included Al, myself, Jeff, Amy, Stan and Rico. It was a 1.5 hour cross town drive but still slightly shorter than Stan's 2 hour drive and by the time I arrived the qualifying runs were just finishing. Here's those results:

Followed by a couple of hours of intense racing action.

Two items caused us a little bit trouble.

The #15 car lost a wire partway through it's third heat. It was repaired but laps were lost when it went to intermittent contact prior to breaking.

The #33 car is a rocket down the straights but if it comes off in a corner the guide blade sticks in the position it left the track causing the marshal to have to turn the car over and straighten the guide in order to get it back in the slot semi-quickly.

The Red/White Ferrari is almost too fast for it's own good on this track.

On a positive note, Arroldn's car with the guide issue has been repaired and showed no signs of guide problems however it may need a trim down the line if there are some tighter tracks.

Thank you for letting us race your cars, we had a great time.

And Arroldn, contact me about your parts please. You must have missed my last PM. Austin, contact me with the where next info please.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RAA - Rippin' Ridin' Raceway - Round 3

Postby Aloha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:31 am

Monte and team
Thank you for your efforts in running the event.
Tony great job...spot on!
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:28 pm

G'Day All,

I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who opens these results threads with a mixture of emotions - anticipation, optimism and dread. And then you scroll down the Q results and it's a bit of "hmm - that's good" or more probably "oh well "...

And then there are mornings like this one when you scroll down to the race results bit and you say something like "What the heck!!"....

So, I am quite stunned and very pleased, although somehow I suspect a trip to Oregon with a case of beers or some wine might be in order (but that might take a while. ..).

Many thanks to all involved in putting on the round. Congrats to the various other Podiumites. Looking forward to the next round, and just wondering if anyone is keeping a score sheet?

Cheers from a rather warm Sydney Saturday morning...
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Tony
May I suggest TimTams for the wives and children. Strongly suggest that you leave the Vegemite at home unless it is some type of tire conditioner.... :laughing-rolling:
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:38 am

Monte,
Thanks for hosting and getting the best out of my cars. After the guide repair I see the GT2 car is quicker than the GT1 car. Congratulations to all the podium finishers. Go on with your bad self Mr Bov. Winner in P and GT1. Glad to see the improvement in the GT2 Porsche. Now what's wrong with that GT1 Ferrari? The P car is really preforming with the YD Tires vs the silicones. Just wish there were more P cars in the class so I could really judge the performance of the car. Oh well 8-)

Hats off to all.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Mitch58 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:46 am

I was working late and unable to attend last night, but I can tell you car builders that anything under 7.5 on that track is considered a very quick, and out of our entire group only a very few have occasionally broken into the sixes. So congratulations on building some very well running cars. Well done.
Mitch58
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:17 am

Well like Tony, I was also a mixture of emotions when opening the post. My 1st thought "hey they received the beer I flew in". As I scrolled down, it became "someone else shipped Chateau Latour :lol:
Congratulations to Tony on your wins and Arroldn for setting the standard in this round. To Monte, Al, Jeff, Amy, Stan and Rico thanks for catching the 33 that couldn't slow for corners and for hosting. Good luck to all the builders as we move on to the next race.

Arroldn, I plan on having a P Car prepared for next season.

The other Tony
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:00 am

This P car has been the same basically stock car since it first entered this series in 2012. After that first series I did brace the rear axle. Now the series had larger fields back then. 12 in the P class in 2012. The series was run with silicone tires. Finished 7th in P the that year. Um one place behind Bov. My GT1 car was 2 places behind Bov. Now I wonder if the fact this is a none silicone tire series this year had anything to do with it?

Wow found another file back to 2010. Didn't realize I've been having fun so long.

Thanks again to Monte and the guys who ran this session.
Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:33 am

Thanks for the kind words guys - I appreciate it! Arrold if nothing else, it just means we have been playing around with these things for a while.....

Austin - is there a schedule for what is upcoming in the RAA?

Thanks!
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:33 pm

Cars departed today for Allan's in MA. Should be there on the 27th I think. UPS Ground and Christmas time results in slow shipping times.

Good luck to you all and happy holidays.
Last edited by kidvoltage on Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:27 am

I'll be on the lookout for them!

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:12 pm

When is the next race?
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:54 am

I have the cars; arrived just before New Years. Will probably be in the next two week at The River Run' qualy first, then race.

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Audi1 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:08 pm

Qualy tomorrow - results tomorrow night. Race is set for this coming Sunday; results by Sunday night. By the way, I only received 12 cars; is that all you shipped, Monte?

Allan
Audi1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby lancelotalove » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:51 pm

It concerning that Audi1 only recieved 12 cars.
lancelotalove
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Race Across America