[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - RAA - Penguin Point - Round 2

RAA - Penguin Point - Round 2

The home for this epic proxy series.

RAA - Penguin Point - Round 2

Postby kidvoltage » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:08 am

And welcome to Hillsboro, Oregon.

The Penguin Point track has been the sight of many, many proxy rounds. The track features a nice 14' straight that lets the cars stretch their legs followed by a series of shorter straights and plenty of turns. A good handling car will do well here occasionally beating the speed machines since fast cars tend to need more stopping distance.

Cars have arrived, been unpacked and a qualifying round has been run. All tires were cleaned prior to their run. Here are those results:

I found the info a little confusing on a few of the cars so if I have your car listed under the wrong name or in the wrong class please correct me.

We have our normal first Sunday racing today. With luck, I'll get a few of the racers to stay late and we'll get this round run today.

Good luck to all.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: RAA - Penguin Point - Round 2

Postby Brumos RSR » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:26 am

Thanks for the qualifying Kidvoltage. Good luck to all the racer and Arroldn, Austin and Lance congratulations on your respective pole positions.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Monte
As always thank you for keeping things moving forward.
Congrats to the top qualifiers
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi Monte and Gang!

So happy to see things are moving along with the RAA.... fairly pleased with how my entries are performing....

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would greatly appreciate some pictures (top and bottom if possible) of the field - be nice to know who's who in the zoo.....

Thanks for all that you do :banana-dance:

From a long way away....
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Monte,
Let's see how my P car can race. What a difference the Urethane tires seems to be making vs the silicone so far. It had been a perpetual bottom feeder on silicones. Now I know I should have changed the guide in my GT2. The GT1 is low on speed hope it races better.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:08 am

We host a First Sunday Series at Penguin Point most months, this was one of them. Once our regular racing concluded I got a few of the guys to stay late and help us get the proxy round run. Thanks to our drivers: Mitch, Al and Frank. Victoria and I managed the race and fetched the occasional errant car.

The racing was close and rather exciting. No cars were damaged and the one car that was giving us problems in qualifying didn't. The only real issue was the #86 car of Arroldn. With it's shallow guide blade the guys were really struggling to get it through the S curves (far end of track as pictured) without a deslot. It would just float straight away. And then there were some cars that we all wanted to keep.

We used the Q-Times to break ties. Feel free to score as needed there. We don't have any issues with ties.

Per request I'll get pictures of all the cars and then we'll work on getting them over to Al's for the next round in a week or so. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks, we had a good time.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Aloha » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:50 am

Monte thank you to you and your group for the run. Arroldn, BOV and Spiritrlacer great job. Onto the next one.
Aloha
Dale
Aloha
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:14 am

Ok - so now I'm significantly more than pretty pleased with my entries performance...

Stunned is the emotion that comes to mind....

Many thanks to all involved in putting on the round - congrats to the other Podiumites....

Next !!!
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 am

Monte and all who helped,
Congratulations to all the top finishers in your classes. Looks like it's time to retire the Ferrari. I thought changing classes and a hotter motor would help it. Guess not.

How many more rounds are there? Are you allowed to send a guide between rounds? If not that's fine. I should know that most tracks are routed and replace all guides with deeper ones. Will fix it next year if it can't be replaced. It's about time that Lola showed what it can do.

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:22 am

OK just read the rules.

So who do I send a new guide to, Monte or next track host? Does host replace guide and I just send him a new one or the cost for a new one?
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:48 am

It would be best to send a new guide here. The cars will be here until they travel across town to the race.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby arroldn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Monte,
PM Sent

Arrold
arroldn
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Brumos RSR » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Thanks for the run Kidvoltage. Congratulations to the podium builders and good Luck across town.
Brumos RSR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby kidvoltage » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:17 pm

Here's a quick update.

I'm going to try and deliver the cars across town to Al so he can check them over and do some time trials. Then we'll gather at Al's Thursday night and get the racing part done.

Best of luck to you all. More as it becomes available.
kidvoltage
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby bov » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi Monte,

Thanks for the update !!
bov
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to Race Across America