[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Thank You Veterans

Thank You Veterans

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Thank You Veterans

Postby sirslotsalot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:18 am

Dear Veterans,

To all of you reading this post, just want to give you thanks for your unselfish bravery and service so that we may live safely in the greatest country on earth.

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Thank You Veterans

Postby Broman62 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:11 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for posting. It is appreciated.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby sirslotsalot » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:58 pm

AMEN and AMEN on everyday!! Just think about it. We wake up every day in a free country to do as we please. Our veterans made and make this happen on a daily basis. Give thanks everyone.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby blu58spider » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:47 am

Every day is "thank you to Veterans" day in my book. But it's good to have a day a year when we're reminded to say it out loud. Thank you!

And thank you to your families too! My Mom moved 4 kids all over the world for my Dad's Army service, so I know it's hard for the families too. 19 moves in 17 years. At the time I thought it was "normal" but now I know how hard she worked to support Dad and keep the family going.
blu58spider

Postby Tigeracer » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:25 pm

Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:22 pm

A belated thank you for your post....after the post Vietnam "hate" period it's nice to be recognized in a good way. So on behalf of:
My Father (USN 47-67)
my Brother (USMC 74-76)
my Uncle (USAAF 42-45)
my Cousins (USN 65-69) and (US Army/National Guard 72-09)
the "Other Half"s son (current Army Ranger)
and myself (USAF 72-92)

TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 pm

I hope those who hated the "Vietnam Veterans" have an opportunity to reconcile:
Luke 23:34
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”

I have not had the privilege to serve but have plenty of family members who have. For them, I keep the memories and give thanks.

My Father (PFC, USMC 1951) honorably discharged for heart condition
His Brother, My Uncle Ken (USN, Seabee-Iwo Jima WW2)
My Mother's Father, My Grandpa (US Army, Infantry-WW1)
My Mother's Brother, My Uncle Bob (US Army, Infantry-WW2)
My Father's Brother In Law, My Uncle Stan(USN-Seabee, WW2)
My Mother's Brother, My Uncle Jim (US Army, Recruiter '52-'72 plus Vietnam '67-'68)

TsgtRet, I thank you as well.

Kihm

BTW, I'd like to keep this thread going for those who want to honor their loved ones and friends in the same fashion as TgstRet. Just a thought.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:00 pm

To all the Viet Nam vets that returned to the ridicule, name calling, being spat upon, and all the other crap that went on - thank you for your service and WELCOME HOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!! The sad part that still remains is Hanoi Jane still thinks she did no wrong and she is still allowed in public trying to sell her book.

To ALL veterans of ALL the conflicts, wars and peace time - THANK YOU one and all! Without these brave individuals we would not be enjoying our freedoms guaranteed by our Constitution and Bill of Rights.

:flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa:
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:29 pm

Thank you to all our Service Members past, present, and future. The sacrifices of your families is much appreciated.

Number 1 son is running in Boulder as part of a Veteran's Day 24 hour marathon as I type this. Many of his friends in his AFROTC Detachment are taking part in this. They hope to raise quite a bit today/tonight.
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Thank you all. I was fortunate for 12 years or so in the recent past to volunteer at the local VA outpatient clinic. I had the Honor to welcome back many new vets and hear so many stories from the older guys. Of course getting close to the older WWII guys, came with it's drawbacks. I got to be on the DAV Honor Guard for many of their funerals. These were some real heros. Pacific Campaign grunts and close air support flyers. Bomber pilots and those guys from the movie Band of Brothers. A Seabee from the Korean Conflict. So many stories.
Last edited by mgs75thmeu on Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FatUSStig » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Another late thank you and God bless to all who have served (& to those serving right now)!

I didn't know where I saw but will always love somebody's sig line....

"If you are reading this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a veteran!!!"
FatUSStig
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale