[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Two chassie builds for the dirt series

Two chassie builds for the dirt series

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Two chassie builds for the dirt series

Postby racer6583 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Well while I'm waiting for my paint to come for my truck.

I thought I'd build a modified chassie and a street stock for the dirt series.

First up is the mod chassie it is shorten up drastically, reinforced with a metal coat hanger pieces and adhesive used is seal all already tested and with the firebox motor from Chuck is a hand full to run without the body.
At this time I'm not done with the alterations to the body but when done you all will see it.

Next up is the mustang form artin chassie is Carrera.

I've still got to think of a good color for the gt and decide on a RS or a GM motor for the car

So what ya think so far?
Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Two chassie builds for the dirt series

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Looks good Rex. The firebox chassis new style F1? I was messing around with that yellow mustang body a couple of weeks ago,some small hey.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:05 pm

The mod chassie is a Carrera Mclaren F1 with the front turn around so I could fit it to the back half this was the first F1 I got from Cjent and I tried to install the firebox 1 in to it and then put the F1 body back on, body wouldn't fit so I order another Mclaren and decided to let it sit until I could think of something to do with it.

The mods body is coming along nicely I narrowed the front and am waiting for the adhesive to set, so I can fill in the seam where I removed a bit over 7mm from the width of the front.

And the GT seems to me to just be under a true 1:43 scale body but I like the detail of the GT so I thought I'd try and make it look like the mustang that my cousin and I use to race at a dirt track in somerset county. Except the years are not the same.

I'm just trying to remember which color it was when we finished in the top ten in points on the life of me I can't recall the color, the car was several from a bright yellow to a metallic blue,red, and black. and a bright green metal flake.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 am

WOW! You are on your way, Rex!
The Mustangs alway look good in a Dark Blue Metallic, IMO.
I like the use of an F1 chassis. Um..........................
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:06 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale