[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby pfuetze » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 am

wow, more than a month without a new post here - that´s quiet - to say it friendly.

nevertheless, i worked on some things, the Mini Sprint got it´s body holders glued in.

the 3D printer printed its first chassis - a sidewinder chassis for the BARC motor. after putting the chassis together i found that it needs some tweaks, but only small things. looking forward to run it for a few test laps!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:09 am

A new printer ? I seem to recall your printer was for sale in the GO! forum ?

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:33 am

Nice work. Glad to see the BARC motor being used.

Golf , fishing and yard work take up more time in the summer, less forum traffic across the board.

I have be focused on 132 proxies, I am always a back maker, so there is an challenge there to improve my 132 scale builds.

My wish for 143 scale would be RTR SCX guide cars, with a 132 scale plastic track. GO! with guide pins and fixed brushes will always be looked at as toys by slot car enthusists.

Finally going to build a wood track. It will be a three lane 143 with lane spacing on the outside slots to allow two 132 cars. For me it is not a choice between scales, but more of a combination of scales. 143 stands and structures look good with 132 scale cars. Causes a forced perspective,and looks fine. Also 143 scale running on 132 scale track allows lots of space for racing.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:41 pm

Good to hear your news Dan, has my parcel got there yet, it was posted weeks ago?

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Hi Lloyd

Have not seen anything yet, but am not home right now. Got some fish to catch. Will be home tomorrow so Hopefully a surprise will be there when I get home!... that will mean some 143 builds for me.

When I order stuff from Pendle it takes a couple of weeks, but I think they use registered mail, which may be quicker then regular post.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:03 am

Thanks Dan, I hope they arrive soon and that you catch some big fish!

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:48 pm

@Dan - got some fish? Big ones? ;-)

@Roland, naaa, still the same printer. only thing to give up is a letter (i think this saying only works in german - "das Einzige, das man aufgibt ist ein Brief")

the first print at home for a rim - not bad, but still with potential to get better. on the right way maybe ....

the left- right balance of the sidewinder chassis seems to be in order as well ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:37 am

IMO the surface looks much better than the Shapeways´ one. Not so sandpaper - like.

You make me thinking about what to buy first again - the printer with white colour for decals, or a 3D SLA - printer...
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:19 am

the surface from shapeways is more consistent than from the home printer, meaning thar downside surfaces or sloped surfaces from rhe home printer are inconsistent.
but i m working on it ....
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 am

Very good work. I am amazed at the work you and others are doing in designing slot cars using 3D printing. Moving into the future, I see that 3D printing is quite possibly the thing that will save all hobbies.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:37 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:32 pm

got the new front part for the 4WD chassis - with ball bearing for the lengthened motor axle.

and some wheels from shapeways for 2mm axles. the next project can come ...

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:04 am

it runs, but still needs work. no time yesterday to check the picture quality either ..
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:52 am

​https://youtu.be/hv-g-08sIlA​

first 2 Videos done with the GoPro Camera, on the fixed, new CamChassis
third video is from the 808#16 Cam on the old, steering CamChassis
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:05 pm

Great videos Peter,I was thinking about using SCX construblock chassis and lego parts

to make a stand for a camera but the camera might be little too high for great looking video like yours.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale