[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby taskak » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:22 pm

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:20 pm

I got the Chaparral painted and made the decals on my Laser Jet. Installed the Intakes and exhaust and cut out for the driver tub. I now have to build the drivers tub and vacuum form a windshield for this and the McLaren.

The body is just sitting on the chassis and has not been fastened down. I am waiting on some small mounting screws to arrive. The tires should just fit inside the shell to get the car to its proper height.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:42 am

this will be a great looking car, Dan!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:49 am

Ballraces are not really necessary in any case. If they are bad or have taken a tiny piece of dust you won´t have fun with the car. This can never happen with bronze bearings.
I make most of my bearings myself on the lathe.

And one thing I generally have been doing for decades now - I remove the protection rings from the ballraces got get them open. So I can check and clean them whenever I want to or when it´s necessary.

Regards,

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:53 am

Very nice! Will your guide lower the front end some so the front tires touch the track?

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Brian,
depending on the version, it will lower the front end for sure.
The wire guide with only the soft motor cables will lower it a tad more than the BraidGuide, as braid is stiffer and more thick than only wires.
the original guice doubles the layer of braid and the thickness of the copper strips.
With these guides, you only have one layer of braid and no copper strips.
thickness of plastic plate where the braid is held is the same.
Peter

links to the guides:
http://shpws.me/PgmY
http://shpws.me/PgmZ
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:06 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:38 pm

I am working on a Cobra right now. I got the Chassis soldered up tonight. Very simple Flat pan Brass. Has rear bearings and one of Peters Guide Flags up front. Lego wheels all around with BARC Bite Urethanes on the back. Short Can Minebea 20 K S Can.( 10X10X14 mm) in a sidewinder config. 8/20 gearing. Chassis weighs 28 grams.

Front tires are stock Lego rubber cut in half.

100 Lego tires and rims showed up yesterday. So I painted them up in 5 different colors. Tried hand painting the tire logos, with results I am not happy with. I will have to stick to using decals in this scale. Hand painting is too hard

Placed the shell on the chassis and took a few pictures. Still needs side pipes, roll bar, windscreen and driver.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:14 pm

nice chassis work again, Dan!
gives you enough space for a nice driver there!
are those the 9mm or the 11mm Lego wheels?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Those are the 9mm rims. I am still waiting on the 11 mm ones
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 am

Work started on an Indycar from the 90's. A mold was made from a Diecast of a March Chassis. I also plan on doing a Lola.

I built a chassis out of brass with an inline motor arrangement so the cowl can fit over the motor. I still need to work on the front end a bit to get it sitting lower, but this is the very first attempt. It looks like I will be able to get this Indycar project off the ground and make some multiples. I also ordered a half dozen Indycar decal sets. Marlboro Penske, Newman Haas Kmart, Players, Miller, McKenzie, and Skoal.

Turned some laps in the 4.8 range with this chassis at Kleskun Hills. Might be of some interest to those who have raced there

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Another great project Dan, these will look great!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:22 pm

Here is the second car

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:09 am

very nice work on the Indy car, Dan!
the brass spacer between the front wheels looks better than the red rings on the first chassis.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale