[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:41 pm

Hey Peter.

Can you share your source for the bearings with the 2.38mm bore. I use this size of axle in 1/32 and couldn't find any . I have lots of 2mm and 3mm ones, but can't find the 2.38mm

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:38 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:45 am

Finally done...

I had already shown this truck a few months ago.

The second one had been ready at that time as well, but the man who ordered the trucks had poured nail polish remover over the black one...
So the same once more.

Now it is ready.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:26 am

Nice

Did you mind showing the chassis again.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 am

very nice work on the truck, Roland!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:01 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:06 pm

First prototyp of the PDU chassis in the work, will be placed under a artin pickup truck. parts coming from a SCX tuner

plus brass rods, ball bearings and silicone wire (for pickup)

the wire on the motor has to be removed

checking the length for the brass rods.

pushed the brass rods into the parts and added ball bearings ...

shortening the 2,38mm axles with the dremel, removing flash with the file

crown gear pressed on by hand ...

and by hammer in the vice, using the scratchbuilt press-on tool.

removing some material in the guide area ...

working on the guide, pre-forming the braid and pre-fixing the wire ...

removing more material in the guide area ...

fixing the guide wires with screws ...

securing the motor with hot glue ...

motor wires soldered in place...

length is okay ...

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

glued in body mounts today. worked great.

changed the wheels from SCX Tuners to printed wheels the same size of SCX DTMs. They have 1mm less offset, so the wheels are a little too much inside the body.

Nevertheless this did not stop the truck from running 50 laps without a single problems. Chassis works great and handles great.
Updated the models on shapeways, with 3 minor updates.
(guides can go deeper in the chassis to enable smaller wheels, extended body mounting stems, added escape holes for materila in body mounts and front part),

Ciao,
Peter

p.s. next on the table - working on the Mini JCW for the ProNoMag ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:17 pm

Very nice build Peter, interesting concept.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

As always Peter, nice work

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:17 pm

I am finally getting back to doing some cars in 143 scale. I am building this just for quick fun and I am not sure what kind of job I am going to do getting pictures as I go along, so I am not making this a build thread yet. If I end up with a decent photo essay I may do up a build thread in the scratch built section

On the bench right now I have a Maserati 300. I built a Brass chassis for it and am using the Minebea S can motor. No bearings, just using brass tube as bushing. Wheels and tires are from Spirit, and are actually scale model wire wheels. I took a small spur gear and Glued it to each rim using CA. This turns the wheels into usable slot car wheels. The photo etch wire is very nice.

You can see a magnet in place as I haven't got around to casting any urethane tires, so I am cheating and using a magnet to put some laps on it. I try my best to position the magnet in such a way that it behaves like a magless car. ie tail end wagging out and some driver feedback to let you know when you are on the edge.

I pulled a resin casting off of a Diecast, and it is going into the paint shop next.

Cheers
Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:52 am

awesome idea to use those nice looking wheels, Dan!
nice chassis work, too!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:00 am

Are the wheels really Spirit, or1/32 BRM ? I can not find any wire wheels from Spirit anywhere, neither in 43rd nor 32nd scale.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:34 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:36 am

A nice selection.

Are they aluminium ?

Roland