[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby taskak » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 am

Looks like you are busier than Santa's elves Dan :D
Maybe the slide guide would leave more room to lower the front.
Nice work though, I have an old Heller Senna's McLaren F1
that has been waiting to get started for a long time, maybe I do similar chassis than you.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:35 am

Peter

Yes the second chassis is an improvement on the first. I decided to extend the front axle tube to the width of the front track and do away with the spacers completely.

Aki

This is a very simple chassis to construct and the build time is quick. I lay out all the parts, and solder the whole bunch at once with a micro torch. I can knock these out quick.

I think you are right with respect to a slide guide. I do like using braid though as it seems less finicky, so I try to use these guides as much as I can. I was thinking of building one chassis with the guide behind the front wheels just to see if I can conceal the thing better. A lot more involved though with all the extra milling required.

I kind of refocused on 143 and had a bunch of projects on the list to do so I am really getting to them. I had been building a lot of 132 cars, but decided to only build 132 proxy cars from this point forward, and get back to 143 cars for my home setup.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:59 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:49 pm

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:27 pm

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:38 pm

if i start tinkering with the already built cars, i would be busy till ???????
i want to do that, but i´m postponing it until i found silent gears.
my hope have been the replacement gears from DSlot, but can´t find them in bulk.
now i ordered some gears from aliexpress and will test them.
right now i do not know if the sound is coming from the gears themself or from my bad setup ...
after that research, i will be busy updating cars ...

very nice LH Porsches!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks Peter, what is the problem with your gears?
Only in printed DSlots ?
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:23 pm

no, the DSlots are the smootest cars i own.
but nearly every car i'm building tends to be loud, vut only from the gears.
the only cars that get smoother and more silent are stock cars. not deprnding on brand.
but as soon as i m touching gears, no matter what brand, they tend to get noisy. sometimes really bad ....
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Peter, my quiet cars are the ones that have Scakextric sport blue pinions, they both run very quiet.

I can not add photos on here, so I will show them in 1/43 Slot Car Builder on FB.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:38 am

Peter, I assume you ordered 20T crowns and 8T or 10T pinions.
Those are cheap and common items from China.
I have mixed 8T pinions from China and 10T black SRP pinions from CarGo with 20T China crowns and 23T/24T slotdevil gears and all of them are pretty smooth and silent.
I haven't used SCX or Carrera gears on any of my brass chassis car, but comparing stock cars Carrera is loudest.
Dslot is like you said smoothest and SCX is not bad ether.
Most loudest gears I have tried is Ranch Design aluminium gear.
HO scale gears are tricky, when they are setup spot on they are fine.
If not they are loud and they can chew out very quickly, happened couple of times to me.

Check the China gears before use, I have had couple that were so crooked that just couldn't use them, and at least one that was cracked.
I use finger drill to bore the gears from 2mm to 2.38mm.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm

list of Peter´s loud gears:
scaleauto crown + SRP pinion 23/8 + 24/8 +25/8 +10/23
slot.it + SRP pinion see above
BSRT 7/20, 8/20, 8/21, 18/21
ranch-design + wizzard pinion 8/20, 10/20, endless list
wizzard pinion + crown
some china 8/20, 8/24

medium loud:
some carrera go
some SCX
some china 8/20, 8/24

smooth gears:
all DSlots
most SCX
most Go! (when tuned)
Artin

i have to take more care about the gears!

and yes, drilling out china gears from 2mm to 2.38 is difficult, same for drilling out H0 gears. at least those china gears are cheap.

what are you all using to lube the gears?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:18 pm

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:02 pm

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Where did you get that Volkswagon? Those are a classic car, and as time goes by they just get better and better. Nice job.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi Dan, I got the body from Carrera GO!!! forum member called TAZ, he was selling that on eBay but I found out that he's a member on that forum.
Just checked the eBay but he doesn't have anything for sale at the moment, he had several bodykits.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale