[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

What's on your bench right now? [1/43]

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: what´s on your bench right now? [1/43]

Postby LloydL » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:07 pm

LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:04 pm

that are some really nice car on your kitchen table, Lloyd! :D
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:36 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 am

​Image​

Image​

Image​

Image​

after a considerable amount of time in the basement, the hybrid chassis are ready to go.
they are running very smooth, with new 8t pinions from CarGo Customs. The scaleauto crown gear is running quieter than the MB Slot.
gearing for all is 8/24, motor is mabuchi 11170 (FF050-SK) from ebay (2pcs for 4 euros).
motor has just the right amount of power. good brakes, good accelaration, nice top speed. Tested only at 10V, but if you push the voltage a little, it will be really fast!

The printed parts have a little good strength. some of my holes in the brass plate were not aligned correctly, and the M1.4 screws bent the brass plate. I used metric M1.4 screws from AliExpress, screwed directly into the printed material, worked great.

tried the BARC BITE tires on these chassis. level of grip is good, but right now i think that the CarGo tires offer a little more grip. they offer a very good level of controll, so.

now to put a layer of clear coat over those nice SCX compact Nascar bodies and they are ready to go!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Mon May 01, 2017 12:17 pm

What nice cars...

The bodies are standard, of course, but they simply look nice, and I love Nascar. And the chassis are very fine. What about your lightweight - affinity ? ;)

As to the motors - are they the same height and width as the standard GO! - and SCX - motors ?

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon May 01, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi Roland,
i still like lightweight cars, but these 3 will have a special purpose - keep the rails clean while i'm driving alone.
the motors are the same size as the DSlots or Slotdevil 6025 or Scaley F1.
12V 17500rpm - around 1.5 euro per piece (mabuchi 11170 FF050SK)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon May 01, 2017 1:54 pm

Those are some seriously nice chassis. Very cool Peter. I really like the new motor/axle bracket and front axle/guide holder bracket. Is that 0.75mm brass or 1.5mm? SCX plastic wheel?

@Aki

Looking at the front of those Jags, I see what you mean by a lot of resin. I have a Sparks Galaxy that is almost a solid block. :?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 pm

brass plate is 1mm, Randy.
printed wheels all around, fronts are scx nascar size with stock nascar tires, rears are 11x9.5mm wheels with barc bites.
weight is 58g - heavy ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Tue May 02, 2017 12:40 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue May 02, 2017 6:04 am

yes, as ghost cars!
i thought about making the track a 1-lane track with lane changers and flippers to switch from 3-lane to 1-lane (mechanical, manually), but i figured out that this will take way more time than building up 3 nice cars!
But that project is only postponed, not cancelled!
go ahead, copy them :D
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:24 am

Nice cars. I really like the chassis. Will you be making the resin parts available for sale?
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue May 02, 2017 11:59 am

resin parts? the front and rear parts are 3D printed from shapeways and are already available.
http://shpws.me/O1Jv
http://shpws.me/O3WR

i can send the pdf-file with the drilling scheme for the parts to anyone who´s interested.
I used M1.4 screws directly in the printed material - worked great.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue May 02, 2017 2:14 pm

Peter, are those components available for an FF 030 motor? Also do you have a link for the SCX Nascar printed wheel?

Thank You
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Randy, sorry those parts are only available for the big motor by now.
with the weight of the brass plate, i think that the small motor would get into some stress.
but you got me thinking!
if you make the plate from styrene or some other plastic, the small motor would be vety fine.
so, the front part would be the same, i would only need to design a new rear part ...
now i only need some time ....
stay tuned :D

link to the NASCAR wheels to follow, i need to upload them. but now it is time to boatd the plane to germany ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue May 02, 2017 11:38 pm

Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale