[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - My Mazda From Chuck

My Mazda From Chuck

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

My Mazda From Chuck

Postby racer6583 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:12 pm

racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: My Mazda From Chuck

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:34 pm

They are some nice. I got the 56 car awhile back,unfortunately it's still in the case.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:50 pm

I really like the DSlots. I'm wanting those Mazdas, badly!
I have to save up, though....
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Tigeracer, I saved up and bought it off of Cjent he has the lowest price on these may I suggest that you also get the better tires the stock ones stink my car is a bit tail happy on my combo track.
I expected it would be like that on the smooth surface of the carrera part , but I thought that on the SCX part it would not do it unless I got trigger happy but the stock tires seem harder than the SCX cars that I have.
But I like this car a lot, fast and very smooth and quite and I have yet to figure out how to adjust it but am having fun with it.

Randy, you should get it out and shake off the dust so to speak these Dslot are amazing just run it around a couple of laps then put it back.
I run this about 15 laps and then put it back in the case and back on the shelf it goes for a bit I don't have a set time that I run it around but I do it every now and then.

This Dslot is over engineered in my opinion on the chassie , but the detail compared to the Carrera and SCX is like when Slot it came on the scene in 132 so maybe will see some better detail in 143 from others I hope.

Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 am

nice pics!
i had the luck to get one of these as an entrant for the ProNoMag - it looks really great. i hope chuck still has those 2 mazdas on sale :)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 am

Hey Rex,
I like the way the DSlot runs on my SCX track.
With the demise of SCX, it may be the car of the future.
Although the Carrera Go cars have merit, especially when considering price. I do prefer the SCX chassis over the Carrera.
I like to work with resin bodies of different eras of racing and I like what Dslot is offering in quality, but the DSlot chassis is a bit over the top.
I think custom chassis are becoming an increasing thought for my builds. It's nice to have options...
I'm terrible at predicting the future, so I'll just keep working along and adjust as I need.
I've been really admiring the wood tracks, too.
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:59 am

I do like Carrera IMHO they are a good car and the track is nice my only problem is they use a pin guide instead of a slide glide.

I had big hopes when SCX was on the come back but now they are just a memory so now we are back to only two in our 143, but with slot rev,RD, and a few others I think we have plenty of choices to keep us happy for the coming years.

So it looks to me that it is still good, maybe a more tangible company might be watching and waiting to see if Kyosho will stay in this field and then enter into production, but who knows.
As i see it our choice of scale is still doing great even though SCX bit the bullet.

Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:36 am

I have all the currently available DSlot43's in stock and the prices will stay as long as the supply is good!
The best analogs!
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale