An odd idea- 1/43 multi-frequency RC cars on a slot track

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: An odd idea- 1/43 multi-frequency RC cars on a slot trac

Postby Tsooko » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:41 pm

If you went to the Spectrum tranmitter and put in one of their mini recievers you could have vitually an unlimited number of cars on your track. Thousands of frequencies are available. The recievers are so small that they could easily be mounted in a 1/43 car. I have some tiny choppers and tiny aircraft that we used to fly in our school gymnasium. Post pics if you got them.

Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BRS Hobbies » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:04 am

Very cool idea!

I came up with a similar idea about 5 years ago that involved using an R/C radio system for throttle control. The plan was to use a very small receiver/speed control in the car for throttle control. The power would come from a battery or a capacitor in the car with the rails used to help keep the battery or capacitor charged while running the car. Then the lane changing would be done using a passive lane changer which if you got within a certain distance of a car in front of you, your car would change to the other lane. I never did anything with it since right around that time the 1/32 scale digital systems were being released which did most of what I wanted without having to develop a complete system on my own.

Best regards,
Brian
BRS Hobbies
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:53 pm

I thought about that as well, but the batteries in those little cars die pretty quick. To me the best idea is to mount the reciever in the drivers station, there it can be larger (and a bit cheaper because size will be less of an issue) then it can also be powered by a separate power source and does not drain car/lane power. I believe this is pretty much how Kyosho's new system works which is why i have not really pursued it. The beauty of doing it this way (altough expensive) is programable throttle and brake curves!
masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dc6287 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Mas I like the idea... and I just stumbled onto some of your posts on scale4x4rc...good stuff on both ends!

Dan C.
dc6287
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale