[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Two question

Two question

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Two question

Postby racer6583 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:10 pm

1) can you use hard as nails finger polish for the front tires?

2) can you use lacquer paint from testors or tamiya on any type of plastic?

Thank you for your help.

Rex
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Two question

Postby Broman62 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:10 pm

Thanks RM and Broman C-racer you know the OH said while I was out and about to pick her up some hard as nails so I snagged me a bottle for my slots.
I was using ultra thin CA to coat the fronts, but it is starting to wear off and the brand is Sally Hansen stuff.

I hope that someone Know about the lacquers so I can finish my dirt truck cause I can't find the color in enamel and since I don't have a air brush I don't feel like mixing paint to the color I want.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:14 pm

I've used both Testors and Tamiya Lacquer Spray paints on most of my cars. Much better than enamel. Never had any problem. Never done any vac-formed cars though.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:47 am

i use CA glue from different manufacturers to glue and coat the front tires. i could not track down any difference for 1/43rd cars.

i only use enamel colors on vac-formed bodies, only because i have all those little revell tins around.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:48 am

Thank you Gunney and Pfuetze I decided to go with the finger nail polish this time cause I notice when the CA glue started to wear down that the brand I'm using started to become uneven and flake off a bit.

Thanks for the lacquer info so now I can get the paint color for my dirt truck.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:36 am

I use that Hard as Nails stuff too. No problem so far with it reacting with urethane tires
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:28 am

Has anyone tried urethane clear-coat like the kind you would use on wood trim? I have thoughts about trying it.

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:31 am

Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale