[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Car value ?

Car value ?

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Car value ?

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:44 am

Hi guys, I was surfing the bay last nite and came across the Carrera Go black and white California Highway patrol car @ $75.00. Is this for real?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Car value ?

Postby pfuetze » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am

if you ever came across the famous "carrera mini" - a red mini with a big carrera decal on the side panels/windows - you´re lucky if you get it under 300$ - let´s talk about collectors.
and they even drive it
why do those cars need motors in them

j/k the hunt for such collectibles is nice ;)

puddle dude
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:16 am

Carrera did a 1\32 batmobile and the last one I seen was 450.00
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Cjent » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:33 am

Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:25 pm

Chucks' price is good!
I saw the car you are writing about, $75.00!!!!!! is IN$ANE.
On the eBay... buyer beware.
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:59 pm

:dance: The one on the auctionsite comes with the Brooklyn Bridge, though... :dance:
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:23 pm

Asking about a car seen on Ebay in this forum is one of the benefits of membership. :)

It is highly likely the folks in here have already seen it and laughed/cried about it.

I cannot count the times I have seen people pay well over retail on there for the same car I just nabbed from my favorite dealers special section at a discount.

Just let the folks here help you like you did this time, and I bet you will do ok.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:51 pm

Thank You very much Harry. A person would think that I being a mopar guy in the 1:1 scale world would be immune to sticker shock by now. LOL

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Yes I know about collectable GO car$!!! If you want to be serious about collecting them don't expect to get the rare ones on the cheap!! I'm going to have to get one of those Highway patrol guys though. I didn't keep good track of all the ones I had and they all became donor chassis!! LOL Hey! Try buying "The King" now, if you can find one!!!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:19 pm

Hey Randy,

You will always get straight-up advice on most anything you ask about on this forum. If we don't know, we'll be honest about it and not try to BS you. The members of this forum have good experience and insight to answer your questions. Chances are, we had asked the same questions in one form or another. Harry has created a great venue to share our knowledge and gain new experience as well. Don't ever be shy when asking questions as we all have been in similar situations. We are family here. My advise when shopping on Ebay, take what you see with "a grain of salt". Some cases might require a whole pound of salt. LOL!! Best of luck shopping on Ebay. Hope this helps.

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks for the advice Kihm, much appreciated. Unfortunately I've had to do most of my shopping there as there is no one in this part of the world handling this stuff. A person just has to look for the deals and know when to walk away.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:01 am

Randy,

As long as you have a place to live, you can get anything from anywhere. I ship stuff 24/7 all over the world including Wollongong, Australia. So does Cjent Racing, Ranch Design, Slot Rev, and many others featuring 1/43 scale. We'll be glad to help you find what ever you're looking for in slot cars & accessories. BTW, where are you from, if you don't mind us asking? We just want to help. Don't be shy, you are among friends.

Kihm
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:16 am

Hi Bill, what I have been buying off that auction site is Carrera Go track. I,m trying to build a 1 scale mile 4 lane system. If I see a super long deal on cars I will go after them ocassionally. I think that I,m pretty well finished though for now, other than my management system and controllers.
Kihm , I live in Grindrod B.C. a very small rural community at the north end of the Okanagan Valley in B.C. Canada. There is a listed retail dealer in Langley B.C. (home based) who does not stock but will take orders. I have been dealing with Cjent. Once I finish the XJR9 that I am working on I probably won't be doing any more cars until after my track is set up.

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 am

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale