[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Pronomag 2012 entry

Pronomag 2012 entry

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Pronomag 2012 entry

Postby Datto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:47 am

Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pronomag 2012 entry

Postby LloydL » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:08 am

That really is a professional job Marc, it looks like a factory kit! Lovely job, I think judging the concours will be difficult this year!

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tsooko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:28 am

Wow! Great work there.
I agree with Lloyd. It's going to be hard to judge this one.

Are you casting the tires yourself?
I've tried doing tires but made a big mess of things in silicone molds. I've never thought of using delrin. Hummm. :eusa-think:

Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:20 pm

great engineering, Marc!
i really like the added details on the rear.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:29 pm

Mm, mm GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :auto-car:
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Awesome!! I'm glad all you guys have posted pics of your great entries and saved me the embarrassment of entering an almost stock DSlot43 car. Kind of like the pic of the month, LOL
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks guys :) After delivering a big project for 'the day job' this has been great therapy. :)
Those big Ranch Design wheels are pretty badass :D

Now, will I climb out of the bottom three?
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tsooko » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Truely outstanding work Datto, that MB looks like you'll be a contender to me.
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:31 am

Marc,

It's Rockin'!!
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FatUSStig » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:22 am

Great car and printed chassis!!!
FatUSStig
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Datto » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:00 pm

Okay guys, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding something. This Merc has a HUGE wing sticking out the back. Guaranteed to be snapped off by a cliff wall on my track. I'm thinking of fixing the wing with a 2-56 machine screw, but should I fix it to the body or the chassis? I want to fix it with a screw, because it will need to be off to run on my track. What do you guys think, Wing stuck to body or chassis?
Datto
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby FatUSStig » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:35 pm

FatUSStig
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:08 am

for sure BODY, Marc! you don´t the weight on the chassis. you design a chassis that support the weight sprung and than you would mount the wing unsprung to the chassis in a place where for sure no additional weight has to be placed.
so i know it´s harder to mount it to the body, but do it. forget about the screw and simply glue it on. that´s what i would do.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale