[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - XJR 9 Decals

XJR 9 Decals

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

XJR 9 Decals

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:25 am

Hello. This is my first post on HRW. I am building a Heller Jaguar XJR 9 on an scx nascar chassis and am at the decaling stage of the build. As my first attempt with the supplied decals did not work so well where would I look for a good quality decal kit for this car.

Thank You
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: XJR 9 Decals

Postby Tsooko » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:18 am

Hi Randy
Patto's decals will probably have the decals you are looking for. He does a great job. You can google him.
Cheers Ted
Tsooko
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:14 am

Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Welcome to the forum, Randy.

The boys pointed you in the correct direction!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome guys. I guess a 40+ yr. hiatus from model building was to much for the kit decals :lol:

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:29 am

Welcome to the forum!
i did not try to decal a car for nearly 40 years ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:13 am

Hi Peter, hopefully your decaling endeavor worked out better than mine.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:30 pm

Hello and Welcome!
Don't beat yourself up too much about the decaling, especially considering the Heller Jag.
Those decals are fearsome. I had to work extra hard and patient to get them working for me, too.
The decal design and the shapes they have to go over make it a real difficult job.
And you never know how long those decals have been sitting... they do not getter better with age!
Here's a pic of my Jag. It's mounted on a SCX DTM chassis
Good luck!
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:37 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks Broman62. Nice work Greg, In your pic it doesn't look like you used the recommended purple. I googled the car before I started the build and noticed the purple didn't seem to be close to the original color. I mounted mine on a cut down SCX nascar chassis with a SCE motor from ASCW. I also copied the Jaguar Finance car with the open rear wheel wells.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi Dodgefarmer,
Thanks. Yeah, the color is not pefect. It's a metallic purple.
It's hard to judge what is right based on different photos, so I went with what I liked at the time.
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks bibbster as soon as I finish it I will try and post some pics. Greg the reason that I noticed your color is that it is almost identical to what I went with.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi Randy,
LOL, what a coincidence. The original color was hard to figure. So I went with the purple in the small amount because I wasn't sure I would have more uses for it.
It is a testors 2oz bottle, brushed on. I had to be very careful to keep it from showing the brush strokes. I think it looks a little redder in this photo than in life.
When you finish your Jag, make sure you post it. I'd like to see your car.
BTW, did you shorten the axles, too? I know this body is fairly narrow, the DTM chassis was a tight squeeze.
Thanks,
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Greg that is an excellent paint job. I would never have guessed that it was hand brushed. Looks a lot nicer than my spray job. No I didn't have to shorten the axle to get the tires to clear the body. The nascar chassis is a very tight fit but it does clear (barely). What I did to make sure that I had tire clearance was to cut a wheel well opening in the body similar to the Jaguar Finance car that I saw on the images site when I googled the car. Now all that I have to do is find a Jaguar Finance decal somewhere.LOL

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale