[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Questions about 1/43 scale, Please Help!

Questions about 1/43 scale, Please Help!

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Questions about 1/43 scale, Please Help!

Postby koolmath5 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:19 pm

I am looking at building a larger scale but 1/32 is too big? How available is 1/43 scale and are the cars easily obtained? Can a routed wood track be used for this scale? Please let me know.
koolmath5

Re: Questions about 1/43 scale, Please Help!

Postby Tigeracer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:27 pm

DANG, I just lost everything I was trying to reply!!! :evil:
Ok, I'll try again...
Hi Koolmath5
I think 1/43 scale is perfect!
I have SCX Compact track 12 X 4 in my basement. SCX, Carrera Go and some Dslot cars. My prefence is for SCX cars, but they are getting hard to come by.
I like the SCX track, but Carrera offers more options and sections to create a raceway. If you're looking for a plastic track, I think I would suggest that.
The Carrera cars are readily available and are very nice.
Kyosho DSlot is starting to make a name in the scale, but they are pricey... beautiful!! cars, but I don't have any knowledge of their track.
Artin (and it's various clones) cars and track is available. No expereince with the track but I have a few cars. Kind of hit or miss with them.
Routed wood track is not my experience either, but others on this site have wonderful wood tracks!
This option gives you the greatest flexibilty to shape, size and style. If you like to build, it might be for you.
As for other cars, you can build your own. There are companies that sell resin bodies (Slot-Rev) and chassis (Ranch Design) just to name 2.
Hopefully this starts to help.
If you have any specific question, ask away. This site has memebers with many years of experience and are very happy to help.
I think this group is the friendliest, most helpful anywhere!
Good luck,
Greg
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LibertyFLHTC » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:42 pm

Hey koolmath5 - welcome to the forum!!!!!!

To add slightly to Tigeracer's comments - there are SCX cars available yet on eBay but some are kinda pricey.
I hear rumors that SCX may be going to revive the Compact line, but I'm not holding my breath!!!

Check through the banner links at the top of this forum and I think you'll find a lot of what you are seeking.

1/43 scale is a good scale for home slotters that don't have enough room for 1/32 or larger. PLUS this scale is more affordable than any other scale. For track scenery O Gauge train items fit close enough and that stuff is everywhere.

Anyway you look at it from any scale - it is a good hobby.
LibertyFLHTC
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:20 am

Hi koolmath5,
welcome to the forum!
You will not find many 1/43rd parts in stores, but you found the right place where you can ask every question about 1/43rd and i can assure you that you will get some really good answers.

I started with 1/43rd some years ago, tried 1/32nd at a friends home and stayed with 1/43. My start was an Artin set.
Now i´m running on a 72 ft routed wood track with copper tape and on the shelves are over 120 cars.

For me, 1/43rd is the best scale for home racing.

Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:26 am

:greetings-waveyellow: Welcome, koolmath5! I think you got all the good answers.
I have been in 1/43d since 2004 and never looked back. :D
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby masmojo » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Yes, 1/43 is great for Routed tracks (At least SCX and Kyosho are) the others can be modified to work.

masmojo
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby sirslotsalot » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:42 pm

Hands down, this is the best and most practical scale. I've raced all scales since 1962 and I just switched from HO. No regrets, ever. Products and selection are greatly improving all the time.
sirslotsalot
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby racer6583 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi ya Koolmath5 I read on the layout & design side of the forum you want to design a track like Norfolk Motor speedway.
well that can be done with Carrera track, American Slot Car World can get you all the pieces that you need.
You can come very close to that design.
You can run both SCX and carrera cars on that track don't know about Dslots don't have any of them yet.
Cjent is the person to see about gettin Carrera and Dslots and SCX if/when they bring the compact line back??????

Cjent operates ASCW he is a good guy to deal with and knows a lot of helpful things.

Cjent,and some other's helped me make up my mind to get into 1:43s it is a just as good as the other scales and affordable of all the other scales you can get a ready to run(aka RTR) set thats two cars power pack and 32' of track for around 80 bucks plus shipping and ASCW is having a discount sale for HRW members if I remember correctly.
I've seen ho and 1:32 go for that prices and that was just for a car,I'm not knocking scale's just pointing out how affordable this 1:43 scale is
racer6583
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:55 am

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dc6287 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:50 pm

1/43 rocks for the home tracks in a confined space! Everybody on this forum is full of info and always quick to help. If you have questions this is the place. They've helped me so much I spend way more time racing than stressing.

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan C.
dc6287
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale