[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Show me those Ford GTs/GT40s Please

Show me those Ford GTs/GT40s Please

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Show me those Ford GTs/GT40s Please

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Common guys, Please don't make me go through a gazillion threads in the old forum looking for them! I know you got them pics handy!! I don't want to duplicate and I'd like some ideas. And yes, the DSlot Porsche 911 chassis fits really nice under Trey's body!!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Show me those Ford GTs/GT40s Please

Postby Tigeracer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:12 pm

Hey Bill,
Did you want a pic from me?
I have the one in my avatar and a gulf livery.
Good news about the DSlot chassis... did you mean the 917?
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm

mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:19 am

About the DSlot front axle holder: what do you think about a piece of brass tube that fits the axle to use for a "holder"? height adjustment by sheet styrene under the tube. I´ve got a brass tube from a hobby shop that fits perfectly. Made the bearings for my scratchbuilt chassis out of that. Dimensions are 3mm outside with a wall thinkness of 0.3mm - so inside diameter is 2.4mm. DSlot axles are 2.35 or 2.38 - i like the fit. Maybe just a way to adjust the wheelbase 100% fitting.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

I've always liked your GT40s Peter. I've tried the axle through aluminium tubing but it won't work because just the little bit of thickness of the tubing is enough to hit the screw that holds the guide in place.
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Tigeracer » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:51 pm

OK, here's the newest one.
It's actually a GT 40 mark I livery on the MKII.
and the older Gulfy
Tigeracer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm

Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby mgs75thmeu » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:54 pm

I have to agree Tom. To me it doesn't make a lot of difference if the Livery is correct to the model of the car Greg. Especially when it looks as good as yours does. I could see correctness if it were entered in a contest, but for personal satisfaction, go for it!!
mgs75thmeu
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale