Rules thread for 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Proxy

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Rules thread for 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Proxy

Postby LloydL » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am

This is the RULES thread for the 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally Proxy.

The event will take place on the Little Monte slot rally track in Norfolk UK starting on Sunday 17th May 2020.

The track is a scenic single lane routed MDF rally stage with a track length of approximately 85 feet. The layout is 14' x 3' and the height difference between the lowest and highest points on the track is 5'.

The track has copper tape, so traction magnets will have no aeffect.

This is a mountain rally stage built for 1/43 scale slot cars and is very loosely based on the Col de Turini in the French Alps. The track is challenging to drive and the fastest lap time so far has been around 25 seconds.

*NOTE*: This is a rally proxy and, as such, your cars will driven as quickly as is reasonably possible around a very twisty and sometimes rough stage that is 6' from the floor at it's highest point. The speeds are slower than that of a racetrack, and most 'offs' usually just result in a spin rather than a fall. I have never had any cars damaged whilst driving on this track but the possibility is always there, so please bear this in mind before entering!

Entree fee: 10 British Pounds (up to 3 cars max.). To cover return postage.

The Classes: ( to be run separately)

Ready to run.

Scratchbuilt scale models.

Ready to run class, eg. Carrera GO, SCX Compact, WRC, Jouef, Artin, etc. Must be a rally car.

Standard/stock except for:

Urethane rear tyres, Essential!

Coat front tyres with varnish or CA glue.

Add weight to chassis. (more on this later when I have tested more.)

Fit swivel guide, preferably one of Pfuetze's guides from Shapeway as they are short and deep, which helps the car through tight turns.

Note! Whatever guide used, the front wheels must touch the track and the guide must be able to turn to at least 70 degrees each way.

Scratchbuilt class.

Important note: Cars MUST be a scale model of an actual car that competed on the Monte Carlo Rally between 1950 and 1986. No oversized diameter wheels/tyres and no body mods unless photographic evidence show the 1/1 car with the same nodifications. (Experience has shown that low, wide cars can be a disadvantage on this track where speeds are fairly low)

Body, hard plastic or resin, no vacforms, and have clear windows.

Interior, must have interior and 2 crew.

Chassis, free, with added weight as needed. Note, the winning car last time weighed 58 grammes, as does my main test car, but one of my other test cars weighs 37 grammes and gets round the track ok.

Wheels, free, but of scale diameter for the car.

Tyres, rubber or urethane.

All of the Scratchbuilt class cars will be entered in the Concourse event.

In both classes, any loose body mount screws must be taped over.

All cars will be driven for as many test laps as needed to establish their best voltage settings, and at least 5 timed laps, the best laptime counting in the final result.

Any questions, feel free to PM me or ask on this thread.

Have fun!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Rules thread for 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Proxy

Postby pfuetze » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:33 pm

great set of rules, Lloyd!

what about adding lights to the stock class?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Rules thread for 2020 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Proxy

Postby LloydL » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:02 pm

Thanks Peter yes, lights are ok.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale