[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - A few videos

A few videos

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

A few videos

Postby Apec » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:48 pm

Hey guys I just uploaded 2 videos of 2 of my 3 fastest 143 cars. Kyosho Dslot Porsche 962 & Carrera GO F1. Other fastest is a SCX Compact Porsche 911. Kyosho is stock and Carrera has a few mods but stock magnet and not lowered.

I’m learning in 1:43 many hobbyist are into tracks, scenery, scratch builds...and I do admire all the great work, but I like speed. Obviously with big magnets it’s easily accomplished, but we try do it, without cheating, if you will.

I have only been i this hobby for a few months and I enjoy learning from everyone here. Hopefully I can see some videos from other guys to see how slow I really am.

Thanks
Apec

Re: A few videos

Postby pfuetze » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:40 am

nice speed!
i did not run with mags for years now and the cars look crazy fast for me in the corners LOL.

so, i think, you´re not slow at all ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:13 am

Seems like a fun track but... like Peter said it's crazy fast with magnets , for kids it's good as they usually like going super fast & crash hard... :mrgreen:

You really should remove the magnets or at least have weaker magnets & lower voltage ~9v-12v borders/aprons would be needed for the curves specially without magnets

Another thing is please flip phone on the side when filming (widescreen) panoramic view is always better for shooting video's

Other then that have lots of fun with your kid(s) & track

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Apec » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:29 am

I understand mags aren’t for everyone, and I’d like to try more than the little I do, but my first hurdle is shoulders so I have room. If only it was as easy a 132 that you simply buy them.
Apec

Postby bobbyraz49 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:55 am

Having fun racing is the most important.
You will learn and see a LOT on this site. I do !
bobbyraz49
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 am

Borders can be made from scenic foam mat available at Micheals. Cuts easy with an exatco knife and bends easily too. All the borders on my layout are made with it.

Have fun with magnet racing, but don’t be shy to experiment running without. When I switched to 143 I wanted the action to resemble what I had in the bigger scales. Fine control and some corner sliding were essential as it brought me back to the roots of my sloting adventures. I wasn’t sure if it was doable in 143, but am pleased to say after couple of years, and many hours of scratcbuilding chassis and cars the mission was accomplished. I am very happy with my 143 scale adventure.

Nothing wrong with magnet racing as it provides absolute speed. However there is less car feedback. The cars just fly off the track with no indication you have exceeded the limit and results in heavy crashes.

Regardless of what your likes are, enjoy your layout
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:50 am

http://www.philippejmarchand.com/Slots/

Mr.P´s site is one of the best for 1/43rd
somewhere on the site i read about automotive foam tape with sticky back side to simply put beside the track, same height as track, 1" or 2" wide.
Master McMar or something like that? can´t remember but can be for sure found on the website from Philippe!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale