[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Home Racing World • View topic - 1st 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy, September 2018.

1st 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy, September 2018.

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: 1st 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy, September 2018.

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:31 pm

Cars look great Peter. Nicely painted and decaled
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Only 7 days to go the start of the first 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally proxy.

The first practice runs will start on Sunday 23rd.

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:34 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for the help Peter!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:35 pm

Looks like some very nice 1/43 scale cars there. Looking forward to the race.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Yes, I am pleased with the number and quality of the entries Dan.

Your car ran well in the initial test runs.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I finally got the cars to lap well enought to record some laptimes. These are times taken when the cars settled to reasonable laps and are to be used as a starting point. I expect the times to improve over the coming week, with the final runs taking place next Sunday 21st October. The cars were run in numbered order.

Before each car was put on the track, the track was wiped down with a slightly damp cloth and then dried. Then the car's rear tyres were lightly sanded on fine grain sandpaper. Between timed runs the tyres were cleaned with tape The All times in seconds and ran at 9v unless stated:

1 Lancia Stratos Tilo 27.93

Rear axle kept moving to one side, so had to be repositioned frequently. After sanding the rear tyres, this car settled down well but still has a strong tendency to spin at every opportunity

4 Lancia Delta Leo 55.9

I am finding it difficult to get enough traction with this car. It has a Kyosho Dslot chassis with, I think, the original tyres. My own Dslot on original tyres is exactly the same. I will keep working with it to try to improve it's grip and laptime.

5 Alpine A110 Aki. 24.94

Although on previous days this car has had the crown gear move and wheels fall off, today I sanded the rear tyres, put it on the track, did 2 laps, recorded this time and moved on to the next car, perfect.

7 Mini Peter 46.63

This poor car looks stunning going around the lap, but I dont think it's tiny wheels are ever going to get it up the hillclimb at any speed! Great fun, and thanks for sending it Peter!

11 Renault 5 Turbo Peter 25.52.

Not too much to say here, although the crown gear did move. Quiet and quick.

28 Alpine A110 Aki 31.3

Another car that had crown move and wheels fall off in the past. Can be a little jumpy, so is difficult to put in consistant laps with it, but a lot of potential for improving it's laptimes.

30 Volvo PV544 Dan 22.68

This car seems to have been born for this track. It is very easy to drive quickly in all sections and very rarely deslots.

44 Opel Kadett Aki 25.22

Has on previous days had the crown move, but today was smooth and quick.

75 Ford Cortina Steve no time yet

Steve drove the cars on Wednesday and this is his entry. Not quite ready to put in a time yet, but should do next time the cars are run.

I did not run my 2 cars today because of time limits.

Class 2 next.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:26 pm

The first timed runs of the class 2 (RTR class) cars.

These cars were run yesterday almost as they were when they first arrived, apart from sime minor fettling. When I next run them, probably on Monday, I will devote much more time to each car, adding or moving weight to get the best possible time.

1 Citroen Roland Carrera GO No timed lap yet.

Carrera GO cars with the standard pin guide, as on this one, take a lot of experimenting with weights, to get a good lap from them. Previous experience has shown this to be difficult with the original tyres fitted. But I do not give up easily and still hope to get a complete lap out of it next time.

2 Porsche Steve SCX Compact 26.71

Even with no weight added, this car seemed to suit the Little Monte track straight out of the box, and I am sure there are even better laptimes in it, time will tell!

3 Citroen Peter SCX Compact 30.26

This car bottoms out on some parts of the track but has potential for a quicker lap.

7 Citroen Leo WRC 32.37

These WRC cars are a joy to drive. Very smooth and quick but seemingly unable to get round the hairpin turns on the uphill bit. When compared with rhe SCX Compact cars, the WRC cars have very limited guide movement, which causes deslotting on every tight turn. Having opened one to have a look inside, this would be easy to remedy with a little trimming. I was able to complete laps with both of the WRC Citroens

8 Citroen Joe WRC 28.82

Much the same comments apply as to car no7, but this one did a slightly better lap. So much potential here.

14 Ford Fiesta Steve WRC No lap yet.

I can see no reason why I can get the 2 Citroen WRC cars, with careful driving, to do complete laps, and not this Fiesta! Fabulous car to drive but it absolutely refuses to go round the tight turns. The same mod as suggested for the no7 car would make all the difference!

I did run my 2 Carrera GO Mini Countrymans, but did not complete any laps with them. As it was late in the day by then, I didnt think that it was worth trying to improve them.

I do believe that most of these cars will improve their times in the next session with a little work.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:00 pm

I forgot to mention that the rear wing on the no 2 Porsche caused it to deslot every time the wing made contact with the scenery, making precice driving a must!

regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Glad the Volvo is workimg well on this Hill climb. I hope it stays together until the laptimes matter. My luck in proxies has not been very good.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 pm

So far it is looking solid Dan.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:18 pm

A little video of the Little Monte track, onboard Dan's Volvo. This was taken with the car being driven slowly, but there is one with the car going quicker if you can stand it!

Warning, Flashing images.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am

Thanks Lloyd.

Nerves of steel required for that venue
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 pm

1st 1/43 Little Monte Carlo Rally Proxy September/October 2018

Results

Class 1

Position Car number Car Make/Model Builder Country Weight (g) Time (seconds)

1 30 Volvo PV544 Dan Canada 59 21.28

2 44 Opel Kadett Aki Finland 52 22.55

3 11 Renault 5 Turbo Peter Austria 41 23.08

4 5 Alpine A 310 Aki Finland 40 24.40

5 1 Lancia Stratos Tilo Norway 44 24.63

6 7 Mini Cooper S Peter Austria 30 26.93

7 28 Alpine A110 Aki Finland 41 31.20

8 4 Lancia Delta Leo UK 48 37.92

Class 2

Please refer to report regarding class 2 results. (To follow soon)

1 2 Porsche (SCX C.) Steve UK 30 26.71

2 8 Citroen (WRC) Joe UK 36 28.82

3 3 Citroen (SCX C.) Peter Austria 29 30.26

4 7 Citroen (WRC) Leo UK 40 32.37

5 1 Citroen (Carrera GO) Roland Australia 34 43.20

6 14 Ford F (WRC) Steve UK 35 44.21

9 SEAT (SCX C.) Roland Australia 39 Unfortunately too badly damaged in transit to start.

Full report to follow soon.

A big thank you to all that trusted me with their models!

Regards, Lloyd
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:43 pm

Thanks for hosting this Hill climb event. The heavy Volvo seemed at home at this track

An interesting concept for a proxy, and it was fun to be involved.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale