[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Ferrari 250 SWB

Ferrari 250 SWB

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Ferrari 250 SWB

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:10 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Ferrari 250 SWB

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:25 am

The Ferrari looks nice. The wire wheels look great. I bought some wire wheels to change over to, but haven't got around to it yet.

Looks like you have a Minebea S can in there. The 8/20 gearing suits that motor well. It has good torque for a tiny motor, and I would think this car drives well. My experience with this motor and gear combo has been good. The good braking and smoothness of the drive result in good times, even though you don't have the high RPM of alternate motors. As long as you are not racing on a course with a long straight, this combo can keep up. These motors are rated for 12 volts, and run cool all day long

FYI The tires I cast sand off well. After gluing them you can sand them down to the required OD.

Again this is one of my favorite cars, and even with the problems you have encountered the end result looks great.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:44 am

The Ferrari looks very good now, Aki!
It shows that you put a lot of work into, making it look really good now.
great job!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:56 pm

That turned out really nice Aki, considering all the difficulties. Is that a home resin cast or a commercial casting?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Thank guys, it really is a nice classic Ferrari body.
I picked the body from ProNoMag price list and I think it came from Dan.
At least he has done couple of those himself.

Motor works great on my track which don't have much high speed.
I was first thinking to sand the Barc tires to smaller but those worked nicely so I saved them for later,
and I probably would had to do the same modifications with smaller OD Barc bites.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:39 pm

Whenever I cast shells for myself, I usually do 6. So whenever you see any of my cars you can be sure I have extras. As that Ferrari is one of my favorites I cast quite a few of these.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale