What track is this?

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

What track is this?

Postby Apec » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:50 am

Im going through my parents attic to find track to trade for Carrera Go my son and I use. Ive found this but don’t know what it is. I’ve asks a few people in our hobby, but no answer. Is it Artin? And if so, can I use this to add braking and get rid of that damn turbo button?
Apec

Re: What track is this?

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:09 am

best guess...
Red striped :Carrera?
white or yellow striped: Artin?
Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Postby pfuetze » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:06 am

do the yellow striped track pieces and the red/white track piece connect together?
the yellow striped ones look like "old Artin" style to me, there are no extra connection tabs like on the "new style" artin track piece.
the red/white do not have any track connection tabs, only the rails, right? no idea!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby RazorJon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:03 am

Have you looked at the bottom of the track?
RazorJon
Tire Razor Guy

Postby Apec » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:45 am

I have looked under the track and don’t see any markings.
Apec

Postby FC47 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:27 pm

If that stuff is around the width or so of Carrera,
Is it Eldon?

Paul
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 am

I don't know about that track but there is a way to rewire Go controller or/and power terminal
and use the turbo as a brake.
I haven't done this and I don't know how to do it but I have seen wiring scheme posted
here or SCI, probably on both but can't remember what was the topic and who posted it.
I'm sure someone knows it if you want to do it.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:36 am

I have a post in the building tips topic at the top of this forum on how to rewire your connection board to bypass that little red bump. However the jerks at photobucket have "modified" the pics. Also using the turbo button for brakes with my mod will brake both lanes :oops: . I also have another thread on modifying a Carrera battery connection track for individual lane power using the Parma eco controller and incorporating a reversing switch.

http://homeracingworld.us/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13034

Once again the fine people @ photobucket have modified the pics. I will try to repost the pics through another host sometime this week.

HTH
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Hi! there , you already posted this on Slotforum & I responded yesterday , I guess you didn't go check yet...

Here is what I posted (copy/paste)

Those are Fastlane tracks sold at ToysRus only

I still have a few of them , except for the power track connectors they are the exact same track as Artin (old ones) they fit together without any mods

Artin track sold under another name with different power track? but definitely the same tracks as the older Artin tracks

BTW: With a small mod (home made tracks adapters) you can use it with the Go track & expend your track layout the only down side is those track (Artin) is that they have narrow lane spacing & shallow slot depth but the differences isn't that much to be concerned about IMO

As for the Turbo button just cut the Red wire (on the controllers) & don't use it , best would be to rewire the track & remove all resistances from the Carrrera Go track

Cheers!
Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Apec » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:41 pm

@ Mikeyslotcars. You are right. I did post and completely forgot. Thank you very much. I sent you a private msg as well
Apec

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale