Difference of Carrera GO Formula 1 Cars.

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Difference of Carrera GO Formula 1 Cars.

Postby Apec » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:42 pm

I’ve realized the design of the F1 cars vary greatly within the last few years. The Vettel Red Bull, maybe 3 years old has an entire different design than my newer Vettel Ferrari. For starters the chassis is much skinnier in the rear so the axle flexes more and is much loooser in the rear, I think. More importantly, either because the guide pin is set 2-3mm back towards the rear, and/or because the nose is so damn long, it bottoms out at my 45/1 & 45/2 banks, and even hits my guardrail on the outside lane of a 180 right using two 1/90’s.

I can’t be the first to notice this. What do you guys think or some resolutions for these issues. I can post photos, but I’m sure you guys know what I’m talking about
Apec

Re: Difference of Carrera GO Formula 1 Cars.

Postby Dodgefarmer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:45 am

Yes there are differences, but they are not the only cars to bottom out on the banks. As much as I enjoyed the bank sections I have discontinued them in my current layout as a quite a few of my cars (not Go) are unable to negotiate the bank without the rear of the car bottoming out and pulling the tires off the track. As for the guard rail, the newer rail posts are spaced further away from the track, allowing the front air foil on the F1's to clear.

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Difference of Carrera GO Formula 1 Cars.

Postby Apec » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Thank Uou @Dodgefarmer
Apec

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale