[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kleskun Hills Fun Run Carfacts

Kleskun Hills Fun Run Carfacts

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Kleskun Hills Fun Run Carfacts

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:35 pm

I will use this thread to highlight the specs of the cars entered into this years Fun Run

Waiting on Lloyd's cars for final additions
Last edited by BARC 1 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Kleskun Hills Fun Run Carfacts

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 am

awesome list of facts, many thanks for that!

may i add some corrections?
PDR Porsche 917:
chassis: scratchbuilt styrene 1.5mm
motor: radioshack 7.5V
gearing: 7/25 tyco

Rambler:
motor: carrera go!
gearing: stock carrera go 8/30

Cuda:
body: resin
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks Peter. It is hard to keep this info all straight. I will make the corrections. I encourage the other builders to review their car info as well to help the cause.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:52 am

:D :text-thankyouyellow:
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:18 pm

After testing I have done up this fact sheet for the cars. This indicates at what voltage I will be running your cars to get the best laptimes from each chassis. I will be running all my cars and a couple of others at the 13.5 volt max. In my case the Minebea motors are 17k at 12 volts and they are slow at this voltage. The extra 1.5 volts perks them up and the motors themselves have zero issue at the higher voltages. A couple of other cars also demonstrated this.

The other cars have voltages selected that make them drive able and are turning consistent laptimes without being squirrely. These voltage selections were based on laptimes generated during practice, and the voltage/car/Tire combo resulted in the fastest lap. I also discovered that the Carrera system I am using has an inherent indicator for determining the right voltage. It seems anytime a motor is being overdriven, the electrical interference it creates has an effect the IR in the Carrera digital timing system, and causes the system to "beep" I am not using this system for timing these analog cars, but I found it interesting that when the motor voltage feels about right the Carrera digital IR is happy and makes no noise. Maybe just a coincidence but it seems to be true.

If you have any comments or concerns about this wade in and let me know. This is being done to get the optimum times out of each car entered when it is racing on my track.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Few corrections;

I see that you put picture of Ferrari chassis also with Porsche.
They got the same chassis plate but Porsche chassis got ball bearings also in front axle
unlike Ferrari chassis which got brass tube.
And Ferrari gearing is 10/23, Porsche is correct 10/24.
Also the chassis weights can't be right, Porsche got 3D printed wheels,
Ferrari got aluminium wheels but it is measured 20g lighter, only 16g.

Since you have removed the Ferrari body from the chassis I just thought to mention
that some of the screw heads are lowered so that they wouldn't hit the track.
I'm sure you got them back correctly, just wanted to make sure you know.

Nice work so far with all the data
but I think that these chassis pictures could be taken after the race
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:50 pm

Corrections made, and weights changed. I had the correct data on the sheet, but this got screwed up when I made up the slides

Next time I will wait until after the race , and if time permits I will do it then.
Last edited by BARC 1 on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:52 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm

sorry, forgot the tire info:

Cuda: Ortmann
Rambler: CarGo
917: Ortmann