[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Kleskun Hills, do we want a change?

Kleskun Hills, do we want a change?

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Kleskun Hills, do we want a change?

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Just kicking around an idea. Partcipants can PM me with their thoughts. I was thinking that perhaps I should run a series with the cars. A lot of time and expense went into getting the cars here. As a participant if this interests you let me know, and I can start working on something. Maybe a race every couple of weeks up until Christmas, and then ship the cars home in the New year. Option would be to ship them all to Peters ProNoMag event with tracking and insurance?

Again I don't like changing things up this late in the game, and this can easily be a one race event as planned. However if no one needs their cars back in a hurry, I could run multiple races( maybe 6) and we could have race winners and a series champion. Once everything is loaded in the software, it is not that hard to run another race.

I have polarity control on the lanes, so running the race in the opposite direction would change things up

Anyway, pm me your thoughts on this idea. I am thinking of anything between 3 and 6 races in total. Like to hear what you guys think to see if I should even consider it.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Kleskun Hills, do we want a change?

Postby walker » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:48 am

I want my car back.
I am used to work on my cars before the next event. Cleaning it, adjust everything correctly again, check all moving parts, braid etc. etc.

Since there will obviously never be a real race in 43rd scale with scratchbuilt cars, I would prefer things like

Running all cars as usual in a proxy, but :

Publish the main specs of all cars( this could be done by the owners and sent to the host resp. organizer who publishes it at te end ):
Type of car
weight of body and chassis - separately
overall length, width and wheelbase
front and rear wheel diameter and width
tire material f / r
clearance
motor
voltage
type of drive ( inline etc. )
gear ratio

Another very interesting part of this information would be chassis photos from both sides ( no, not left/right... :mrgreen: )

The following could be done by the hosts/-s :

- film each car without any other noise ( music etc. ), to hear how it runs and works.
- slow mo clips in the curves
- short comments of the driver about the car´s performance after it has run.

If this would be done everyone had impressions and ideas about how and why his car ran as he did at this proxy.
Then one could work on the car for the next proxy on this track, hoping to get better results.

It sounds like "what a lot of work !" but it is done in less than 15 minutes. And IMHO it is interesting for every scratchbuilder to get info that might help to improve his own car. That´s how I have done slotracing with all my friends for many years. Learning from each other´s experiences.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:26 am

Good points Roland

I am getting the info on each car, and I am planning on doing up a fact sheet on the cars. I will tell you that all of these cars to date are very evenly matched and there are a few that could be winners on different days. If more runs are included I was going to run the race in opposite direction. This would change the racing dynamics . The down hill braking into the hairpin would become an up hill acceleration point out of the corner.

Re video

The first video's are more entertainment and car introductions. The qualifying video's I will let the cars "speak" for themselves. At this point I will also try and publish all the car facts that I have, and if I miss anything then I would encourage the owners to jump into the thread and fill in any blanks.

With respect to the racing series, there would be no issue of course returning cars to people who want them back after the main event. I have had responses that are OK with the idea of running multiple races, but if the results are the same, then there really is no point. I do think that running a race in the opposite direction will change the result, and in addition the field is very tight where a few cars are going to be very close come race day. Consistency over a few races may be a better gauge of the car. However this was promoted as a one race affair and a race winner will be declared based on the one race. If enough cars are left to compete then I will run a Series of a few races just for fun and have additional results.

My thought for running multiple races was to get the partcipants more bang for their postage buck.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:47 am

@Kosmo:
great suggestions! will you do all these for the cars entered in the current truck proxy series?

@Dan:
time is currently really short, i will think about and come back to you if i can find any suggestions. I will sit in the car tomorrow for 5 hours to do 2 hours of work on site, so time to think about little cars hopefully.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:29 am

I would like to see the proxy races extended to more races and more venues at some time. Whether that time is now or in the future I leave up to the other entrants.

I can offer to do a race on my Carrera GO track and even on my rally track if wanted.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:32 pm

and i would offer a leg to be run on the Desmo.
(totally unexpected,ey?) ;)
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm

I'm in no rush to get my cars back so I'm in for more races.
But how many?
Six is too much, besides if race would be every other week, 5th race would be week before Christmas and last one day before New Years Eve.
Four races, two races to each direction, would mean that cars would be returned in the Christmas time post rush.
So maybe just one "main event" and if enough entrants wants more races then at least one race to opposite direction, maybe third one.

I want my cars to be returned to me not to Peter because Porsche was already at ProNoMag.
I was planning to send Ferrari to Peter's next race but it might need at least better tires, so I need that one too for tuning.

Lloyd, I know that you are really busy with Gaydon every year but somehow it would make sense to have a proxy race
maybe 2-3 weeks before that and then show the cars in the show.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Erik, who I do Gaydon with, has been suggesting a proxy that finishes at Gaydon for some time, maybe we should do it next year.

Or maybe, as so many people have built them, have another Truck Proxy.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale