GO!+

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

GO!+

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:16 am

I was browsing the 2017 catalogue and Isee Carrera has added more to the GO line. They now have a blue tooth app with Pit track and as well as a race controller. This adds fueling, tire changes ,and also random engine problems. I think this is what the hobby needs to draw in the young tablet crowd.

I have to give them credit for their slick presentation and product development in all scales. They seem to be taking over the slot car world. Their 132 scale cars for $32.00 are an incredible value.

I really wish they would start going more retro with their GO!. Some older NASCAR and GT cars from the early 70s would be great.

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: GO!+

Postby LloydL » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 am

To go retro they would neede to make cars with 13" wheels. Cant see that happening all the time the cars have to perform loops!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:03 am

I just posted on the other forum in the Carrera section. The Mustang they did is sold out everywhere, so this may be an indication there is in fact a great demand for the old muscle cars and GT cars. I know I would buy everyone, if only for the bodies. Or it could be they didn't make a large run of these Mustangs. Carrera would know, and I would think they have already tuned into the fact if it is true. If a 67 Mustang is out selling everything else, then maybe there is hope.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:49 am

ı already post this news before...

--> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15873

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 am

First Mustang came out 2006 on a Fast and Furious set. It was available two years. 2007 came out red Mustang with flames. It was discontinued 2009. Next year came out white custom car and it was available two years. Last was Rustler Mustang which was discontinued 2015. That one is available from Electric Dreams for 14.99$. LEB Hobbies is sold out. So I don't know can you make anything based on that one car
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:45 pm

I was referring to the Rustler one

It would be interesting to know if discontinued is the same as sold out
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:31 pm

They stopped making Mustangs 2015 and retailers sell them as long as they have them, that's how I see it.
Just saying that it's not yet sold out everywhere, slotcarstore.de is also selling Rustler and one older one as well.

I agree with you that some vintage cars would be nice but that is not all that's missing.
For example, Carrera have made WRC cars starting from 2002 Subaru and Peugeot to DS3 and Fiesta.
2013 VW came into WRC and won both titles four times in a row.
This wasn't enough for Carrera to make a VW Polo WRC Go!! car,
instead on their latest catalogue there is a new rally set with DS3 and Mini,
Mini which quit on WRC after 2012 season.
VW has quit now too but they could make Hyundai or Toyota WRC instead of Mini.
And it would be nice to see Williams F1 car on a Martini Racing colors
or Aguri Formula E with Gulf livery too.
Looking the new catalogue there is only same old cars with new looks.
Taking over the whole slotcar world can be also bad thing when you don't have to compete against anyone.

Back to the topic.
This new feature might add some fun to simple racing but hopefully it works also with other brands cars.

Cheers
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:26 am

i bought one starter package Go+
tried to install the power track piece with the light bridge across the slot in the Desmo to get use of the ghost car function. ghost car function means an accelareting and braking ghost car!
but the throttle response of the system is so bad that i quit. you can only use 20% of the way that the controller can be pressed to controll the car, meaning that the car starts moving if you pressed the plunger down 80% of its way. BS.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cyclone60 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:41 am

Won't spend too much money on 2017 Go cars. Only 1 or 2 new DTM's, no GT's or Formula E :(
Really disappointed... :angry-tappingfoot:
cyclone60
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:03 am

And they are releasing NEW Mercedes Hybrid F1 no:6 Nico Rosberg :clap:
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:00 am

When it comes to slot cars there is always lots to complain about.

Trying to keep up with new cars and liveries is a hard thing in small markets, A 1960-70 GT car like a Ferrari, Ford or Porsche is timeless. Spend the time and money to do those well and there will always be a market for them.

Peter

Not sure if this new set up still has the turbo button. If it does you need to remove the resistor in the power connect track and this will increase the range of the controller.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Dan, the new Go+ has a turbo button, works as usual BUT the normal controller controlls 0 to 100%, not 0 to 70 as the old analog sets.
the Go+ is not really analog and not really digital. The track gets powered with PWM system, with my cheap voltmeter i can only measure 0 volts and somewhere in the middle of the controller way, the readings jumps directly to 14V.
cars are analog.
i tried bypassing the turbo, but it doesn´t change anything, as the controller is working from 0 to 100% from the very start. What i think is that the turbo button is really pointless with a 0 to 100% controller.
If you press the button -> you switch directly to 100%, only being able to press the button if you´re pressing 50% already.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale