[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - and another chassis for FF030 motors ...

and another chassis for FF030 motors ...

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

and another chassis for FF030 motors ...

Postby pfuetze » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:42 am

Universalchassis for FF030 motor size - like Go! and SCX motors. Made for ball bearings with 4.76mm outside diameter, i think the same size as other bearings. Slot.It. 24 or 23 tooth crown gears will fit into it.

2 versions - one for 4 body holders on the side of the chassis, one for 2 body holders with stems in the middle.

brass rods with 3mm outside diameter for adjustable length of chassis are not included.

i just ordered the first prototype, to test it.

Ciao,
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: and another chassis for FF030 motors ...

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:34 am

Lets us Know how it runs

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 am

Nice Peter. Very very nice. I can see some of those coming here real soon. Strong,white, flexible?

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:28 am

Another innovative chassis design from Peter!

Both Peter and Marc offer some excellent 3D printed chassis that make it very easy to 'scratchbuild' our own 1/43 cars, and I think they do not get shown or publicised enough! I wonder if most viewers of these forums have even looked at the Pfeutze and Immense Miniatures Shapeways pages.

Maybe it would be an idea to have a 3D printed chassis proxy, with whatever body style the organizer stipulates.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:35 pm

True about the Shapeways inventory in General. There are a lot of things you can purchase for slot cars there to make building a car very simple. It appears as if 3D printing lends itself well to Slot cars and the lower volume production runs that could never be done with conventional plastic injection.

These offerings though I don't think should be considered scratchbuilt. They are Kits and are produced with the precision of CAD so in my mind are like purchasing a COX kit back in the 60's. You buy it and you put it together.

I not sure in this scale you could divide entries just yet. In time maybe, but in general I think Proxy racing needs to be wide open for a time and build up some general interest. Currently we have Kitbuilt, scratchbuilt, and modifed stock of all eras competing. When we start seeing 60+ entries at Proxies, then I think it is time to start classing them.

It can happen overnight as well. Lets just say Peter's Nomag event has 60 cars show up. Peter could then divide them based on era or chassis and report the times and finishes based on the class. Nothing really changes on the track, it is just the way it is reported and classed. You could end up with 4 winners. 1 for Scratch built, 1 for Kitbuilt, one for Stock and then an over all winner.

For my Proxy, Peter's mini with its HO box motor had a slight magnetic advantage over the rest. So when it came time to report on the result, I just had it compete in its own class( which it of course it won as it was the only one), and I had a winner of the rest, and then an over all winner, which the mini also won.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:43 pm

Thanks Dan, I was being ironic with the 'scratchbuilt' name, as such cars are often called scratchbuilds in 1/32! I also agree that it is a bit early to dictate body styles.

Strangely enough, the only cars at the 2013 U2 TransAm proxy that did not have 3D printed chassis were my own. All the winning cars had them!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:02 pm

What wheelbase range would that chassis cover?...maybe any with the length of the rods the builder choice.

What diameter are the intended chassis rods?

I have to say that looks cool and I am a brass and wire guy usually.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:06 am

thanks for the kind words!

Munter, it´s designed to take 3mm brass rod or brass tubes, depending if you like a little bit of weight or not.
wheel base? the limit is only on the brass rods. smallest wheel base is 45mm.
So, it fits everything in 1/43rd (Austin Mini has 47.1mm wheel base in 1/43).
Max. inside body width for the version with the side mounting is 42mm, the one with the 2 mounting stem has no limit again.
Min. wheel diameter is 13mm (limit of motor)

@Randy, yes, chassis material is again "white, strong and flexible". you can have black as well, but i think shapeways applys only a layer of paint.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby munter » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:56 am

thanks pfuetze, I will watch for your further comments.
munter
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:11 am

Strong, white, flexible is good; especially with 20% off until Jan. 1.. :lol:

Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Can someone point out the link on Shapeways? Can't seem to find it.

An interesting chassis alternative for my 1/32 small car builds.

Thanks.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby VTECFOUR » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:14 pm

Would FF050 motors fit into the motor pod?

Thanks.

Dan
VTECFOUR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:07 pm

LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:53 am

pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale