ProNoMag 2017 - The RACE

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: ProNoMag 2017 - pictures of the Parc Ferme / Qualifying

Postby pfuetze » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:38 am

ProNoMag 2017

Welcome to the Qualifying

As there are 34 cars this year, the qualifying rule come into play. All cars must do 25 laps, best lap counts for a place in the race. Best 20 times will race.

lean back and enjoy, i typed 2800 words, nearly 16000 characters this years (not counting the picture links. ;)

3.jpg[/IMG]

PL
Audi Crash Car
too much play everywhere
only good thing - guide is working quite good. it´s not sliding through corner, more a combination of edges.
qualifying - lap 9 - motor loose, Desmo track crew got out the soldering iron and got too work :)
overall, the car is driving better than expected. a little weight inside, changed motor with a little weak breaking character. stock tires with little grip

Boro
Lamborghini Countach
nice and smooth running car, the rear end seems to a little heavy, very nice light kit. seem to be constantly fightig to find some grip to put down all its power.

Julian
Porsche #11
very nice running SCX Porsche, running great
front wheels not touching the track - sorry DQ

Julian
Porsche #5
and another nice SCX car. smoother than the other ones, nice to drive
front wheels not touching the track - another DQ for the Porsche team

Aki
Opel Ascona
a really good looking car, with driver and co-driver, gears and rear tires running smooth and quite. It´s suffering from a really bad wheel hop, i think from the front tires. It likes to jump out of the slot. It even jumped over the timing light bridge which goes across the slot in the first third of the straight.

Aki
Jaguar
nice done car, suffering from a bad front wheel hop again. Smooth gears, rear tires also quite good, good grip, but vibrating down the straights.

pfuetze
Mini Pickup
great handling little car, the only limit is the short wheel base and the comparatively high center of gravity. gears a little noisy.

Lloyd
Porsche #147
very nice detailed car!
guide is too short, not reaching deep enough into the slot causing deslots. front wheels wobbly, in combination with the shallow guide, the car jumps out of the slot easily, i had to go into the corners very carefully. Very smooth gear & rear tires.
It´s a shame. as soon as i started pushing the car a little, it will deslot on various places. Motor is nice, gearing just right, with good brakes and good accelaration. But if i could get a full lap right on the edge of desloting, i was very lucky.
best thing that happended? Deslot in the esses under full throttle - hitting the inner rocks, back into the slot and off we go again :)

DD
4WD truck
it´s an awfull car. guide placed far behind the front axle, too much play in the axles, rattling around the track. stock tires do not provide nearly enough grip. the rear end tries to overtake the front as soon as you hit the trigger just a little. far from balanced. nearly jump out of the slot on the front straight, but only nearly. very nearly.

DC
Aston Martin
long gearing, added weight, big tires.
nice handling, but clearly suffering from weight and gearing. could have done better. noisy gears, but nice round tires.

Desmo track crew
Mini Pickup
what a fast accelerating monster of a car. unbelievable grip with a very, very short line to flying. sorry, i snapped the guide holder in qualifying lap 1!
DNQ

end of qualifying report
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:52 am

Hey Peter give me some details on the DNQ on the 934? Looks like it had some speed.

When you get time :text-thankyouyellow:
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:12 pm

​Image​

Image​
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:19 pm

Sorry Dan,

i know that i missed a car! I´m sorry!
The 934 has too much play in front axle, causing vibration and so, lowering the possible speed. It was not exactly slow, but simply not up to speed. grip was good, also it could go faster if there had not been this vibrations. Also guide area was stiff, guide cable on the stiff side. Rear tires not really true, could have used more attention. i did a little trueing, but could not get it really round and true. i was afraid to sand the spur gear, with not too much rubber on the wheels.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:26 pm

OK, good to know. So it was just too slow to make the main event for a few reasons.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:20 pm

forgot the photos, sorry
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Oh well, I wasn't expecting Ascona to make it to the race but Jaguar was disappointing.
Truing front tires was a issue for me so it's not really a surprise that it was the biggest problem with my cars.
Thanks for your report Peter.
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:51 pm

I will still be very pleased to show your cars at the 2017 UK Slot Car Festval Aki. And the Ascona will be joined by many other rally cars! Maybe you can enter it in my rally proxy when I run it!

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:11 pm

You sure can have them for show Lloyd.
I see from the pictures that small pieces of decals has come off from cars so if that doesn't bother you can have them after the race like we agreed. I don't know what happened but I had to fix Jaguar decals few times before the race and still there is parts coming off.

Your rally proxy sounds good and I'm really looking forward to it. I got Heller Lancia Delta S4 kit and that would fit perfectly to rally proxy.

Cheers
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:29 pm

No problems with damaged/missing decals Aki, I expect to lose bits of them from my Lancia. The decals broke up when i fitted them. with the help of Decalfix and Tamiya clear they have stayed on this far!

The Delta would be great. I Am doing some Stratoses.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:38 pm

will you take a Mini, too, Lloyd?

@aki: will see if i can find a link for trueing the fronts
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:24 pm

My cars are going to Lloyd after the race as well. Maybe put them on display as ProNoMag Veterans, damage and all.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:58 pm

It certainly will be great to have a selection of Pronomag cars, all welcome!

I will be pleased to have any cars you wish to show Peter. Last year was a good start, but I think we will be doing more to promote 1/43 this year.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: ProNoMag 2017 - The Race

Postby pfuetze » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:01 pm

ProNoMag 2017

Welcome to the ProNoMag 2017!

The number of entries this year was astonishing! What a great field of car arrived on the Desmo.
Having to apply the qualifying rule, the field is also FAST for the race.

To get the driver up to speed, the well known 962 was set out on the track to have some laps. Going right under the 9 seconds limit, it still rides nice. Driver reports that the temperature of the track might effect grip. It´s simply cold out there!

Julian
Mercedes DTM
15V 90ohm
stock SCX compact
very nice running SCX car, there some little vibration somewhere which could slow it down a little, but no problems.
overall it is an awesome running car, very nice to drive fast.
entered the hairpin in front of the tire shop on guide and right rear wheel only 2 times during race, not desloting.great.

DanielMüller
Ferrari FXX
14,5V 90ohm
stock SCX compact
it´s always a pleasure to drive one of these SCX cars. The FXX is handling especially nice. The front axle is happily rattling away with too much play, also a little too much play in the rear axle. unglued tires. car is jumping a little in the turns with the rear end.

Tilo BMW
15V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on scratchbuilt brass plate chassis
a nice car to drive, the little motornseems to be a little under stress hauling away the brass plate of the chassis. very low CoG. smooth.
again, awesome paint & decals.
the blue tuning motor went into a blue puff of smoke during training laps. changed it to a stock go motor. brass plate under the body is a little too heavy now. Accelaration could be better. But smooth!
wow, how much better did this car like the more flowing lanes of lane 1? way better than on lane 3. did not have to accelarete and brake harsh, but with more flow, that´s what this car seems to be built for. not a road course :p

Ritze
Mercedes C9
10V 25ohm
Heller body on scratchbuilt chassis
nice handling car, but some strange movements. cleaned out dirt from pickup brushes - ahhh, way better braking and acceleration. short inspection revealed that the stiff guide cables are lifting up the front part of the body. running nice and smooth otherwise. running quite fast, with the feeling of a little short gearing. brakes really hard, making it step sideways. Lost it´s wing in the 2nd lap of training, like all the other C9 wings before. contact with scenery.
looks like it got a light kit, but did not work here. body could go lower by 1mm to help handling.

Lloyd
Lancia Beta
12V 45ohm
Heller body on scratchbuilt chassis
wow, the Lancia did not loose it´s edge. What a nice car to drive. Ranch-Design Sidewinder still working like a charm.
In lap 16 of Qualifying the Lancia showed it´s italian soul and stopped. loose gear. Nothing the Desmo track crew can´t handle.
guide area is way too stiff and guide movement is limited, making it necessary to drive the car carefull, so no oversteer will occure. kind of slows it down.
Martini paint scheme is sooo nice!

Woodboss
Bus
15V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on fun one chassis
handling great with the FunOne chassis underneath. a little snappy in tight left corners.
guide is a little stiff (needed to be shortened by the Desmo Track Crew)
what a fast car! the weight seems to put the motor under a little streß, as it got warm after half of the race when swapping lanes. a fun car!
on lane 1 it constantly made contact with a lamp post right before the hairpin. a fast lap meant hitting the post with the rear end. If it got scratches - sorry, but this is a race ;)

DC
Porsche 914
15V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on puddle dude PDFF chassis
guide gets stuck in tight right hand corners. nice and smooth running with running lights.
stiff guide makes the car tricky in the corners. gearing is on the long side.

Woodboss
Opel Omega
11V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on fun one chassis
a fast and smooth car. the hairpin is the only turn on the track where the weight of the car gets feelable.
otherwise running fast and smooth.
could use a little chassis to body float. tends to jump under heavy accelaretion if the corner speed is already high.
very nice paint & decals, great interior! great job!

Tilo
Mercedes
11V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on scratchbuilt carbon/brass compound chassis with suyspension front and rear
smooth and silent. gearing is long, weak brakes. rear end always wants to step out of the track. suspension on front and rear.
paint and decals are better that anything you can buy in any scale.
at some point during racing in lane 1, the rear end hit the wall of the big bend (the fastest corner on the Desmo) with its waggly tail really hard. But can this be the reason for totall breaking the rear end of the body? I do not know and i´m really sorry. I do not have luck with Tilos cars this year. Only thing holding the back to the front? Interior tray ...

CarGo
Porsche #1
SCX Porsche (modified & repainted)
14V 90Ohm
very nice handling SCX based car, with some added goodies.
GREEN front lights, constant light kit - looks great and strange on the track!
nice paint scheme
did not like left hand hairpin corner at all - very, very carefull through those. Faster corners were better.

DanielMüller
Corvette
14.5V 90ohm
repainted DSlot body on Puddle Dude PDKD Typ2 chassis
black monster with awesome constant light kit. loosened the body screws a little to make it a little more forgiving. tires could need a little trueing, the car wants to go faster, but the little rattling slowing it down. tons of grip out of corners. guide came loose, fixed it. I do not like it when the body is dangling from wires for lights and there is no plug to disconnect body and chassis, having to work with the hanging body.
Great to drive fast.

Dan
Porsche 911
15.5V 90ohm
Go repainted body, clear windows, go chassis with added guide and N20 motor
very stiff guide in the front
little too much play in the axles, front axle worse than rear.
on this car the Barc Bite Tires finally show what they can do :) very nice grip!
i like the BARC paint scheme on this car and also the interior is nicely done. could have been faster if not the tires ...

Aki
Porsche 917
11V45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on Puddle Dude PDKD Typ3 motorpod chassis
nice and smooth car. guide wires rubbing the body, slightly affecting handling in some corners. likes to waggle its tail under acceleration nearl half the straight under accelareation.
Gulf paint scheme is very nicely done - always a great choice!
always loosen the body screws a little and also the motorpod screws - makes handling easier and more forgiving. a tired host might need it. ;) guide could go deeper into the slot, due to big front wheels. If you´ve used a WireGuide, the front could also go a little deeper - better CoG (+looks)
so, i did loosen the screws, both of the pod and of the body holders. Oh, more grip and yet way more forgiving. A fast car, CoG a little high. runs very smooth.

Dan
Porsche 956
15.5V 90ohm
gift card chassis with sidewinder N20 with Heller kit body
a great looking car, but use a little more tire trueing, maybe from the front axles. Adjusted the braids, now the front wheels touch the track. good accelaration, good brakes, but gearing seems to be a little short.
likes to hang the tail out, still offering a nice driving.
very stiff guide system slightly affecting cornering. on lane 1 it constantly tried to jump out of the slot, especially in the hairpins and tight corners. LeMans car?
if i had a higher ohm controller, i could have pushed the voltage a little more to get more speed on the straight.

CarGo
SCX Cuda (modified - motor, axles, bearings)
11V 45ohm
very nice handling Cuda, running very smooth.
nearly got DQed for having only 3 wheels on the track. short inspection revealed that the chassis somehow snapped under the body in the front. just snapped back- everything fine now.
The Cuda did not like the hairpin in lane 3 in front of the tire shop - really, really disliked it. having to go very slow there to avoid desloting, this became the point of decision if it will be a slow or fast lap. i should rename that hairpin to Carsten´s Cuda hairpin.
Maybe if the added weight would be a little less or placed lower, the section could be handled better.
Carsten seems to have modelled the original driving of an american muscle car - much motor, much weight, fast on the straights and afraid of tight turns ;) when will will you add wheel inserts to this nice car?

WoodBoss
BMW
15,5V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on Puddle Dude PDFF motorpod chassis
what a smooth car! lacking some brakes due to long gearing. tons of grip in the corners. the motorpod could be made a little more loose, same for body float. handling nice and running smooth.
awesome paint & decals! very nice light kit (could be a tad more brighter)
open the screws for the race, even better handling now. CoG a little high, tends to barrel roll instead of hanging the tail out. A precision tool of driving.
around 100 laps in one go seem to impress the little FF030 motor - it got really hot, still touchable, but already smelly. power stayed on level, so no problem for driving.
paint and decals are very, very nice on this car, interior is done great, too! very nice!

pfuetze
Exige
8V 45ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on scratchbuilt styrene chassis
a noisy little car. gearing is a little on the long side, braking and accelaration can be better. chassis seems to be on the stiff side, could "work" a little more too dampen out some vibrations.
it´s jumping, it´s rattling, it´s kicking it´s tail out if you´re a little trigger happy on the gas.
Best thing about the little Exige are the looks. it looks great going roung the track.

DC
Lotus Exige
16V 90ohm
scratchbuilt resin body on Puddle Dude PDFF motorpod chassis
for sure the better running Exige. very nice running car, smooth! running lights make it easy to find on the track. No driver - a ghost car?
the short wheelbase still making it a little tricky, but it seems to be glueed to the track. Fast! motorpod screws and body screws are really tight - loosening them might be a good idea.

DanielMüller
Porsche
11V 45ohm
SMC chassis with Carrera body
SMC chassised, fast&smooth, driving nicely. adjusted braids a little and gained accelaration and braking. easy to drive fast.

Tilo Camaro Z28
10V 25ohm
very nice to drive, only in some tight corners the high CoG will deslot the car. And smooth. only the gears are a tiny bit on the noisy side.
paint & decals of an unequaled quality.
a tight corner can get this car everytime. The guide is sitting a little high in the chassis, so not reaching deep enough into the slot to catch the car from rolling over. So, i had drive amercan muscle car style again :p
there is no sound from this car, absolutely silent in right corners, while in left corners, you hear the gear scream tinyly.

Ladies & Gentlemen,
the race is run!
it was fun! there have been some really great cars and there have been some crashes. the number of breakdowns this year reached a new, suprisingly low number!
great quality builds!
Thanks for letting me run your cars!
The RESULT:

Congratulations to Claus, Daniel and Tilo and all other entries!

Thanks for a great race!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: ProNoMag 2017 - The RACE

Postby LloydL » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:37 pm

Thanks for once again putting on a great race as usual Peter! It gets better every year. Congratulations to the winners, but also to all who took part, a great event!

I have a few thoughts:

Would it be possible for us to see the working bits of , say, the first 10 cars? The way development is going, especially in Europe, some of us need to improve, and seeing how the winners do it would help us do this.

I know that much of the info about the cars and their builds is on the Carrera GO forum. As you know I do go on there now, but being German language limits my knowledge of what is being shown. As a regular on there, would it be possible for you to discuss with the other builders on ways to let us in the rest of the world see the great work that is being done? I dont know how this could happen, it is just a suggestion for discussion.

The last thought is that it is now time for a world wide 1/43, with a specified class of car, eg Le Mans cars, similar to those run in 1/32.

REegards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale