BARC Race Cars

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

BARC Race Cars

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:50 pm

With all the race action happening this week, BARC decided to roll out the BARC race cars from the garage to give the visitors to the Raceway more to see. All the cars to date that have worn or are wearing BARC colors were put on display

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: BARC Race Cars

Postby pfuetze » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:53 am

awesome lineup, Dan!
makes a a great picture in front of the pits!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:41 am

I like the "corporate identity" !
I started something similar years ago...

Perhaps I will continue now, after having switched to 43rd scale.
I like it simply because I am not so keen on having the five hundred thousandth Ferrari 250 GTO LM 19xx in livery yyyyy.
As long as the livery looks like authenitc I go in for my own scheme as well.

Well done, Dan !

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jhrico » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:13 am

Very nice livery and execution, Dan! You weren't kidding about liking your Porsches, eh? Very nice! (The Lexus, too, of course!)
jhrico

Postby Dodgefarmer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:03 am

Nice field there Dan. I sure am jealous of the time that you get to do all this. :mrgreen:

Cheers
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks guys.

For myself the idea of a racing team adds more to the enjoyment for me, and it gives some uniqueness to what I am building. Like Roland mentioned I try to do period correct Liveries so they look like they might have existed during the prime of the cars life. I spin a little story as well while I am at it. For slot cars BARC stands for British American Racing Club, and the Primary sponsor is British American Petroleum, which no longer exists in the real word , with their assets being purchased by Gulf in the early 70's. The BA logo you see on the cars was their call sign and all over Canada at one time these signs stood at gas stations.

Roland, That Livery you chose looks good. It would be great to see some of that show up at the next Kleskun Hill race. I'll have a pit box ready for you.

Re Time.

Yes I am retired and have a very patient wife, who I have been married to for 32 years. This Proxy event is really a lot of work with all the video I am doing, and at its conclusion, I will be cutting back the hours I spend on this. My wife likes to sew and make quilts, so she has her hobby to work on as well, but she has commented that the last few weeks have maybe been over the top for the time I have been spending. I watch very little television as well, preferring to spend the time on hobby activities. Lately I have been spending as much time on my hobby as I used to spend at work. You can get a lot done in that time. The BARC Livery exists in 132 scale as well, and I have built 6 132 cars as well.

Also found one car that never made it into the lineup. This was done before I stumbled onto the idea of BA being a Primary sponsor. In this one it was CN Rail, and matches the Porsche Cayman.

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:47 am

i like that color scheme, too, nicely done!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby jhrico » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:43 am

Great idea to have a sponsor. Mine would be gulf itself but it would be too hard to make nicer liveries than theirs, not that yours aren't, but I mean they are not immediately associated
jhrico

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Yes the Gulf Porsches are one of my favorite

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale