[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Official Kleskun Hills Practice video

Official Kleskun Hills Practice video

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Official Kleskun Hills Practice video

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:32 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Official Kleskun Hills Practice video

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Looks good to me. Well done.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby pfuetze » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:29 am

nice editing of the video, Dan!
the cars pictures could stay on a little longer for my feelings.
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:04 am

Nice work Dan! That is a great looking track you've got!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby cyclone60 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:40 am

Good details :clap: :clap:
I like it a lot ! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
cyclone60
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:16 am

Thanks guys.

Peter, Good feedback, I will extend the play time of the car pictures a few seconds. As cars arrive I will include them in this video, and make the changes then. Last minute arrivals may miss out as it does take some time to do all of this. I am discovering that running laps and videoing them is kind of like watching paint dry, so I am going to try and do more of a summary of events video that may be a little more entertaining to watch. This will go along with a written race report

I think I have the format down, so every video should be similar going forward. I was using the Iron Man theme music, but I can't upload that on to youtube as it is copyrighted, so I had to use some soundtrack that came with the video software. Not my first choice.

David

Although this track is not huge 4 X12 ft, it is all I could find the real estate for in the 6 foot crawlspace in my basement( I have a sunken family room and to this day I have no idea as to why the builder would ruin so much good basement space!!!!!) , and is the primary reason I chose 1/43. Although I knew enough about my interests to ensure I could run my old Cox 124 scale cars on the inside lane. I can actually run them in both lanes, but they can only pass on the front straight. Anyway this layout was built as a gateway back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and it is serving its purpose well. The overpass, carousal and esses after the going under the bridge, are enough to keep you focused, and the large radius curves leading on to the front straight, let you get the car up to speed.

Wife and I are talking about building a new house, and if we do I will abandon my railroad space, and instead go for a dedicated room where I can have a nice routed digital track with full scenery, and make slot cars my hobby focus into old age. That Florio Targa layout I have seen seems like it would be something along the lines I would like to build as I am very much a scenery guy.

A little off the topic, but it gives a little perspective and background on the layout in the video

Cheers
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale