[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - my biggest 43rd scale saloon

my biggest 43rd scale saloon

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

my biggest 43rd scale saloon

Postby walker » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:22 am

Since it is not a scratchbuild yet I put it in here.

I had some resin from last year left over and did not want to recycle it yet, so I tried it.
For a long time I intended to make a lowrider showcar. I had an ARII kit in 1/32 which was excellent, and so - why not in 43rd scale, too ?

The resin is still usable, the first cast is not perfect yet ( taken out too early ) because of my impatience...

It probably will become my biggest 32nd scale saloon.

Roof and windows will be cast as a separate clear glass part to have the option of building the car open or closed.

Roland
Last edited by walker on Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: my biggest 43rd scale saloon

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Lots of places to trap a bubble in that car. The fins came out well, looks good.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:03 pm

Nice work!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby walker » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:14 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:35 am

I don't see any bubbles in the one you prepared so far. Those long thin fins are a bubble magnet, and they came out flawless.

I would be interested in hearing about your injection method. I just slush cast mine, and the pot life on the resin is 3 minutes. So very little time time to work with it. I pour into the mold, and uses a pointed stick to get the resin into all the crevices and then just start slushing it around until it starts to set up. I will then probably pour 1/4 of what I mixed out of the mold to ensure the casting stays thin. I have done two part molding and in this cases I kind of get an injection effect. I use the same technique as my slush casting to start. I then squeeze the plug down into the mold. This causes resin to flow up the air holes I have made in the plug. I let it sit for a couple of minutes and then pour resin into the holes and the push it in with a plunger until I get resin squeezing out of the top.

It is pretty crude, and I was wondering if there some other home techniques in use, or maybe even some afforadable apparatus for the home hobbyist to use.

I think I will take this question to the Bodyshop forum as well.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale