[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - Updated Pit Boxes and garage

Updated Pit Boxes and garage

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Updated Pit Boxes and garage

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:43 pm

With the Kleskun Hills open coming up I wanted to ensure I had some good photo opportunities for the cars.

Today I built a Pit Box and garage building. Early yet as there isn't much detail done, but the pictures will give you an idea of what I have in mind. I would like to add some interior detailing to aid in photo shoots.

The building is just set on the layout and I haven't permanently set it yet

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Pit Boxes and garage

Postby TsgtRet » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:48 pm

Love it! Too modern for my era of modeling but the attention to detail is already great! Waiting to see more!
TsgtRet
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:10 am

the buildings look great!
the shot with the lined up cars is simply awesome, i like it!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Cjent » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am

Really great work. :)
Cjent
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby cyclone60 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:50 am

Good workmanship !!! :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
cyclone60
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: Updated Pit Boxes and garage

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:49 am

I added some more detail to the Pit boxes and painted the whole complex.

Interior staircases to the upper level added. Each upper level has its own Coke machine. I also detailed the roof structure.

More signage also added.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby dreinecke » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:56 am

Dan,

That looks great! Really nice garages!!!
dreinecke
King of the Dum-Dums!

Postby ourwayband » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Great looking builds!!!

Rusty
ourwayband
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby TuscoTodd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:06 pm

That is a good looking addition!!!
TuscoTodd
HRW Bouncer

Postby chappy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:32 pm

Nice build Dan. cant wait to see what you add next, the detailing is really bringing it together.
Bob
chappy
Minister of Slot Racing

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks guys.

I am going to build up the interiors of the pit boxes with tools and tires.

I have about 100 people that need painting and then I will start populating some of these scenes.

I want to build a track officials box over by the timing gantry. There will be a functioning analog clock on the side of it

I need to paint the admin building and do some interior work on that as well.

I helipad is also going to be built

I plan on building about 3 sets of scale bleachers to place at corners. On the back side of the layout I plan on photo crowd scenes that will be built on Masonite panels. These will be hinged to the layout so they can fold flat over the front fascia for track maintenance.

A timing flat panel monitor will be placed at the end of the front straight to allow drivers to just glance up as they cross the line to see their time and still be focused on the corner.

A pretty tall order to get done before the proxy race, but I am going to try, so stay tuned.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Czar » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:48 pm

You have great modeling skills, Dan.
Czar
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby nerfbarz » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:18 pm

Last edited by nerfbarz on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
nerfbarz
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:28 pm

Thanks Nerf

Some of those downloads will work nice. For tool boxes and Soda machines I use Lego blocks as the structure and then attach printed material on to them to give them quick detail. WOrk really good for items inside a building

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:29 am

thanks for the links, Tom!
some great add-ons there :D
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale