BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

Postby CJR » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:40 am

Since I currently do not have a track and very limited tools at my disposal I tried to do what I could. The small size is intimidating but I did figure out how to get the magnet out....if there's more than one, then I'll need some help....
I thought I would add a little weight, but didn't go to the fishing supply store to get lead, but instead glued a small brass strip on either side of the chassis. I also tried to remove any excess flash from the wheels and scuffed the tires with a sanding block. Extreme amateur in action.
But as you (and Harry) have said it is about having fun. I sincerely appreciate your assistance with the pin and your time running the cars and taking pictures. Thank you.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:47 am

Great video!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:15 am

Thanks guys

Peter

I am confident that your Mini will power slide around corner one and the carousal. The Cargo custom tires seem to be OK on this track.

CJR

THe Aston runs well. It suffers from lack of grip, but is very smooth. If you like I will see if I have some urethane tires to put on this . Once you pull the magnets on the stock cars, the regular tires are not up to the task. Tires and ensuring they are true, are probably the biggest thing you can do to improve a car.

I am running a Carrera 132 digital system. Each lane is chipped. This system allow me to adjust the voltage to the track, however with the stock 143 cars I needed more resistance added to lower the track voltage even more.

It is all about having fun. From preparing a car to seeing it run. I tend to let my imagination get the better of me. For me that is part of the fun, trying to make it feel like a real prototype race. If people want to give themselves a Team name, I will print up some pit box banners and get some photos of your cars in the Kleskun Hills pit. Without a supplied name I will use your forum name as the team name.

I am hoping to capture each entries qualifying run, and post the results as well. The turnout is light so I will be able to try a few things that I couldn't do if 40 cars were entered

I appreciate you guys taking the time and making the effort to be in the first Kleskun Hills open. I find proxy racing an important part of enjoying this hobby. I have 3 cars out in 132 proxy events, and would like to help proxy racing gain some ground in 143. Peter's race is in February, and I would encourage people to think about entering that race,and of course there will be a 2017 Kleskun Hills race as well for those that might want to try this.

Cheers from Kleskun Hills
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:10 am

I will send you the Logo of the PRT - puddle dude race team later when i´m back home!
Great idea! (another one ;) )
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:04 am

IF you watched the video you would have seen two BARC cars testing.

Here are the cars that are going to officially carry the BARC banner in this race and are painted accordingly.

First up is a Repowered Carrera Porsche GT3 car with a Guide Flag, and BARC Bite urethane tires.

Second one is a Bandai Lexus. I utilized the models chassis, saved the full interior and added a sidewinder motor. It has a guide flag and BARC Bite urethane tires

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:50 am

oh, i've seen the cars, but i'm patient ;)

Barc Bite Tires? Awesome! :D

very nice paint and great job with keeping interior!
great paint scheme!
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:56 am

So what are the wait times like for the attached video?. I was going to do up a Qualifying run for each car, and post that, but maybe that is too much. Each qualifying run would be a couple of minutes of video. I could show the first and last 10 seconds of each run in real time and accelerate the stuff in the middle to try and shorten the file size.

If anyone has any opinion on the subject feel free to weigh in. I am trying to come up with a formula that tries to be entertaining but not tedious.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:10 am

I liked what you did with practice video, so maybe just couple of laps of each car, but it's your call.
I watched the video from my phone screen at work and I could only tell that the first BARC car was Porsche
but second one moves so fast that it's hard to recognize it even from bigger screen :o
Nice job with Bandai, those are nice models.
I also like that you have created your own team with colors and name.

I agree 100% what you guys said, having fun is all what this is about.

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:00 pm

i like the video from the practice as it is, good timing. 2 or 3 laps are a good coverage i think.
Maybe you get some with accidents (i know you´re a good driver, but hey, accidents happen, how elso would you know that you´re going as fast as possible ;) ?).
i agree with Aki, it´s hard to see from the video that you did a nice, new car. (i was looking at your driving and the handling of the cars, not on the car itself ;) )
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:38 pm

OK thanks for the feedback. Maybe a few laps like in practice and then close up action at the carousal. If there is going to be an accident, 9 times out of 10 it will occur here or at the end of the front straight. The Camera should be able to cover both of these areas well. I will let the camera run for all the qualifying, and then just do a big edit that will result in a 5 minute video. Try to just capture some highlights, and if there is a crash, get some slow motion happening.

I can also edit in some still photos into the video that can detail the cars better

Lap after lap if there are no events can kind of be like watching paint dry, so there is no point in that. However 1 hour of filming edited down to 5 minutes should result in some entertainment value, as I am sure there will be an event somewhere during qualifying when you are trying to get one really great lap.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Peters cars arrived today and the were introduced to the track and will be heading to the garages for inspection

The infamous Mini had peoples attention.

Along with the Mini came a Kyosho Porsche 962 body sitting on a custom Chassis

Kleskun Hills is undergoing some renovations as new spectator protection is going in.

The track will be closed to practice session until tomorrow. At that time I will catch some video of these two cars as they get some practice time in on the track.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:02 am

what a relieve! good to hear my cars arrived, i was wondering why i paid premium and the package was going by rowboat across the pond.
adding spectatior protection just before you let loos the Porsche? is that a good sign of your assesment on it? ;)
track looks great! as i can see some scratch mark on your walls - short reminder - the Mini cannot trade paint to the walls as the body is painted from the inside LOL
have fun!
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:07 pm

Another transporter rolled in today. This one carried the Mazda submitted by Dodgefarmer.

It well be going in for inspection and then out to the track for some testing. Appears to be the same 3D printed Chassis as in Peters Porsche 956. Another great looking car.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:24 pm

A week before the race and the final team pulled into Kleskun Hills today.

Jhrico Racing sent two Porsche to compete.

One didn't fair very well making the cross country trip.

The other Porsche was sent to inspection

The Kleskun Hill shop will get this put together, and get these final cars out in the next testing session that will feature DF racing, JHrico racing, and a demonstration of some historic Ferraris

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:39 am

Long-awaited race weekend!!
Is it going to be Saturday qualification session and Sunday race?
Good luck to all you guys

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale