[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Yes Qualifying results tomorrow morning. Race results on Sunday.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:42 am

Awesome! Will prepare.the couch to watch everything, letting the pace car run idle laps under constant throttle on the Desmo to add to the atmosphere ..
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:06 am

This was a great experience for CJR RACING. The box stock "Trashcan Martin" made its way back today, with all of the BARC RACING MODS included. Upon further investigation of the shipping container another body was discovered. Thank you Dan! I will have to dedicate some time to my modeling.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:05 am

Thank you for entering. My goal was to give you a show. I have ordered a pile of my new favorite motors. Drop one of these in the stock Carrera and what a difference it makes, They run at about 15000 RPM with good torque, and the combination is really good for nomag racing. The stock Carrera motors are pretty hot once you pull the magnets, and you really have to turn down the voltage to be able to control them. Your car suffered from a high COG Some more weight low in the chassis would have helped, and the addition of a guide flag would help as well. The modifed guide worked and really improved the handling of the nomag Carrera chassis, but it just isn't as good as I proper guide flag

I hope you will be a return particpant at nexts years race. Give some thought to Peters ProNoMAg event. It is a must do date on my calendar. He usually gets a pretty decent turnout.

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:35 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:40 pm

Hi Aki

You should have got a Ferrari P4 shell. Check the packaging. There was a shell and some vacuum formed glass.

Maybe someone will end up with two!,

Peter

When your cars arrive check to see if you ended up with two P4 shells. I had them all set aside, and there were none left when I finished shipping everything back.

IF it is not discovered let me know. I will send one along with my ProNoMag entries and then Peter can send it on to you when he returns your cars.

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi Dan,
package arrived back today, many thanks!
LOTS of BARC BITEs in there - many thanks - now i need to try them if they work on the Desmo, but they look good and promising!
I got 3 shells, one Porsche Spider, one Ferrari and one Ferrari P4 shell. Many thanks for them!
Ciao,
Peter
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:48 pm

I sent the tires along to help with prizes for the ProNomag, of course there are some for you to try.

The extra shells were for you winning the event, but if there were not two P4s in there then one is still missing.

Glad they made it back OK

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:55 pm

Don't worry with the body shell Dan.
My cars and tires were in plastic bags and wrapped with bubblewrap.
There was two bags of tires though so maybe someone is missing tires?

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:50 am

Well It will be no problem send one along with my cars to Peter.

Let me know how the tires work for you. Remember to glue and true.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi Dan, IIRC you were able to adjust voltage to suite each car? I was wondering what voltage you were able to use on the cars. Also thanks for the P4.

Thanks
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:14 pm

Yes I have digital control of the lanes and have an analog resistance bank as well, giving me about 40 different control settings. Basically I have 40 steps between 8 to 14 volts and Your car ran good on 12 volts so that is what I ran it at. The only cars I had to dial down were the stock Carrera cars, and JHRicos Capri

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Dodgefarmer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:40 pm

Thanks Dan. The stock (no-mag) Carrera is definitely a handful. IIRC Peter uses 60ohm parma's for them trying to dampen down the "hit"

Cheers
Randy
Dodgefarmer
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:02 pm

I have voltage control on the track, and then I have the ability to adjust the ohms on the controllers as wells. It allows me to dial in just about anything to get the most out of the car.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:13 am

i'm using 90 ohm parma ecos for go! nomag cars ...
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Previous

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale