[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

Re: BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

Postby taskak » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:15 am

These two models have plastic body.
Chassis is diecast.

I found these when Roland was talking about bodies with another member on SCI site.

Engine sure looks nice through the back window.
I only put engine and dashboard in to this car but rest of the interior looks good too and it's made of plastic. I can send you a picture of it.
With gift card chassis you could add that too, only need a driver figure after that.

Cheers

Aki
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:35 am

I will be looking to get these then. Especially the Toyota.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:31 am

As I wrote somewhere else - be careful, the bodies are injection molded from liquid Polystyrene and are quite brittle, they don´t withstand a bit harder crashes really well.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:58 pm

Guide Pin Feedback

I spent a little time with Taskak's cars practicing them on the Kleskun Hills track. This race allows guide pins as I was trying to make it as easy as possible for people to enter. One of Aki's cars (Porsche) has a guide pin and it was troublesome.

With his permission I replaced the pin with a guide flag that I made out of styrene. This made a big improvement in the car getting around the track, and the car was easily under the cut off time.

Maybe somebody should get a bunch of these 3D printed ;) You could just pop out the pin and install one of these. Not as good as a proper guide flag, but a big improvement over the pin. This won't hold up long term but should get it through qualifying and the race.

Cheers

Dan

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby MikeySlotCars » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:46 pm

À la Jouef style...

I thought about this but wasn't sure if it would make much of a difference but if you say it does I may try that...

Mikey
MikeySlotCars
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:02 am

taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:06 am

Dan, I think my entry will need that pin mod. I honestly didn't try or know that it would have that much impact. Probably not if the magnet was in....please feel free to adjust as needed to allow my entry to get in at least one lap.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:00 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:16 am

The Carrera pins are made from polyetylene and this is not really to be glued / bonded with anything because it is chemical resistant to almost everything.

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:47 am

CJR's Aston Martin arrived today. A Carrera car with a great paint scheme.

No practice laps yet. It is waiting to go into the Kleskun Hills Tech center and be fitted with a guide prior to making any laps. We see some of the race track officials looking the car over prior to it entering the garage.

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:40 am

I think it's a 2014 release, but I picked it up new in August when I visited Colorado. I like the livery and the huge wing.
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:09 am

Was there anything else you did to this car to prepare it.? I would like to do a summary of the cars with some details on what was done to prepare them( Tires, added weight, stuff like this). I will weight each car and kind of do up a data sheet, and how it did on mt track, with best lap and postioning at the end.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:34 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:32 am

you´re getting some nice entries, Dan!
The Aston looks good!

Nice video! Already i can imagine the red Mini gaining speed down the straight, late on the brakes, barrel rolling and getting caught in the fence, rolling over and over LOL

What chassis is under Aki´s Nissan? Did i get it right - a diecast plate (from the model) with added motor/guide?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby taskak » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:46 am

Nice video Dan.
Peter, it has SCX chassis, i think it was from NASCAR.
Motor and gears are SCX, cargo customs urethane rear tires, rims are from model.
Guide is changed to your desing 3D printed.

Model comes with diecast chassis so I just thought that might be a reason why it is sold as diecast model often.

Cheers
taskak
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

PreviousNext

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale