[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

1/43rd Scale Slot Car Forum

BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:58 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Re: BARC/Kleskun Hills Proxy Race

Postby BARC 1 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:39 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 am

count me in, Dan!
Maybe the BARC Porsche will have a home run
You like Minis? I could send one

OR maybe it´s time to build a new car ....
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:21 am

I am glad you are joining in. I will look forward to whatever cars you decide to send.

Thanks

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby LloydL » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:56 am

Hello Dan, I was going to PM this to you, but thought I should put it on open forum.

At the last FOLM proxy there was some controversy about cars with HO type motors, or especially, with HO chassis, running on plastic track. These cars, and two of them were mine, had a considerable advantage on the plastic tracks, due to these motors having a significant amount of magnetic attraction to the rails, even though they did not have traction magnets fitted.

Just something to bear in mind for yours and future proxy races to be held on plastic tracks.

Regards, Lloyd.
LloydL
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:45 pm

Yes I thought about that. There is inherent magnatraction with the HO motors. If nothing else I would determine that because the HO motor has an advantage it would be in a different grouping. We will have to wait and see what kind of cars show up and then as the Host I will determine the best way to handle it.

Just like LeMans you have a bunch of different classes all running at the same time so we should be able to work something out.

We may end up with a couple of classes, but I will worry about that after the entries show up. As we all know the idea of this is just to get people thinking about proxy racing and sending in a car or two. This has been titled a fun run and there is no monetary prize for actually winning.

I will run a screw driver under each car. If there is any magnetic effect it will be classed different. This doesn't mean I am opening this up to magnetic traction as that would put a big load on my chipped lanes, but it will address the reality of the inherent magnetic force from some motors that may be used. So there could end up being two first pace finishers, but in different classes.

I am also qualifying all the cars, so these laptimes will be a good indicator if the identified magnetic motor cars are actually performing better to a point where they need to be reclassified. I will also identify each car that has been deemed to have a magnetic advantage and publish that along with the results. Along with this results table I will include the guide type as well.

Good point Lloyd, and it is nice to discuss this stuff before the race and not after conclusion.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:55 pm

I have got the timing hardware(Viasue) installed and was running test laps tonight and playing with the software. Lots of stuff you can do with custom audio and lots of graphics to play with.

So that hurdle has been cleared.

Cheers

Dan
Last edited by BARC 1 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby pfuetze » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:03 am

great news!
can you share a screenshot?
pfuetze
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:20 am

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:52 am

Hello Dan,

have the first submissions arrived yet ?

Roland
walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:56 pm

I have only had 3. I was going to bring this up to everyone's attention tomorrow Sept 1, that there are only 15 days until the event closing.

Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:21 pm

BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby walker » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:01 am

walker
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby BARC 1 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:36 am

Well of course the cars, results and any video will be posted here and SCI. In order to post pictures I need to receive cars :D

I think I have demonstrated, posting pictures will not be a problem, getting entries appears to be :dance: in fact I have been posting a weekly event poster.

I would also like to pose each entry and photoshop it into Artwork which will sent as a jpg file back to each entrant.

I will also have a complete page dedicated to the entries and the results on my website.

This is one of the reasons the race will go ahead regardless of the entries received. I want to demonstrate what the coverage and reporting of the results will look like, to generate a platform and interest in future events.

I have run some test races and compiled results to ensure the data can be harvested and shared, and have no issues with RC or the Viasue hardware in use. The track is ready, the timing software is tested and the date is fast approaching for entries to be received.
Cheers

Dan
BARC 1
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby CJR » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:46 am

Finishing up my entry this week. Will be in the mail by the 9th. As with my entry in the digital proxy event, I have not been able to test or even run my car. No track.
I have done some light sanding, removed the magnet, and am going to add some weight on the sides. Having fun with it!
CJR
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Next

Return to HRW 1/43rd Scale